• The Manilla Town & Country Homemakers Club will meet for a dinner meeting on at 6 p.m. at Highpointe Orchard near Greensburg. Teola Carmony is the hostess. Evonne Kuhn will give devotions. Roll Call: Your favorite pie. Members are asked to contact Teola if you are planning to attend to pre-order your dinner selection.
• Noble Niters meet at 7 p.m. at the home of Amy Ploeger. Assistant hostess is Connie Meyer. Program on Rush County Victim’s Assistance. Leader Carla Angle. Roll call response is favorite subject in school. Inspiration by Connie Meyer.
• Indiana Fall “Fall Into Fun” Samboree 2013, Sept. 26, 27, 28 and 29, Shelby County Fairgrounds, 901 Fair Avenue, Shelbyville, IN 46176. Registration form on web: http://indianagoodsam.com.
• The Rushville Eagles will host Bingo on Fridays at 7 p.m. and on Sundays at 2 p.m. The community is invited. Information: 765-561-7472.
• R.U.S.H - Rush United Santa Helpers Spaghetti Dinner from 4 to 8 p.m. Sept. 28 at Rushville Eagle’s Ballroom. $5.00. For tickets please call Linda Wildey 765-561-4015, Carla Sharpe 765-561-4080 or Amy Hornaday 765-570-6564. This dinner is to raise money to buy Christmas presents for children in need. Christmas is right around the corner. Hope to see you there!
• Carthage School friends and neighbors get together is coming up this fall so call all your friends and family and invite them to join from noon to 3 p.m. at the Greenfield Ponderosa. Bring pictures and memorabilia. RSVP to Hester Creswell Shelby at 317-513-2438
• Rush County Farmers Market continues each Saturday, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Third and Main Streets, Rushville.
• Raleigh Community Club Dance, 7:30-10:30 p.m., weekly on Saturdays. Live band. Open to all ages.
• Glenwood Fire Department Annual Pork Chop Dinner, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., at the fire department. Free will donation. Raffle for deep freezer with $600 gift certificate for meat. Two to be raffled at $10 per ticket. Need not be present to win.