• Rush Fest Mayor’s Breakfast at the Elks Lodge followed by Plum Creek Christian Church’s Amped Up 2013 service at the Riverside Park Amphitheater beginning at 11 a.m.
• Plum Creek Christian Church (PCCC) will be hosting “Amped Up 2013” at 11 a.m. at Rushville’s Riverside Park Amphitheater on Sunday, Sept. 22. This is PCCC’s annual contemporary and casual community outdoor service. If you are looking to visit a church, this is a very good opportunity to see what PCCC is all about. Everyone is asked to bring a lawn chair from home and encouraged to bring a covered dish/dessert for the meal afterward. PCCC will have some chairs on hand as well. Please enter at the Morgan Street entrance where you will be greeted by volunteers who will help you get parked and will handle any other needs you may have. PCCC is excited for you to meet their new youth minister who will be handling the fun activities along with his team. The afternoon will wrap up at 3 p.m. Come get your praise on with PCCC.
• The 2013 Orange School reunion for graduates, and anyone else who had been a student, will be held Sunday, Sept. 22 at the New Salem Lion’s Club. For further information and to make reservations contact Duane Beaver at 317-898-1034 or Flossie McFall at 765-825-1232.
• Heavy Trash Pick Up. South of the Flatrock River please put your heavy trash out the week of Sept. 22 through 29. Pick up will be the following week, Sept. 30 through Oct. 4.
• The City dump will be open from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. the weeks of Sept. 23 through Oct. 4 if you would like to dispose of your own heavy trash at no charge.
• The Rushville Eagles will host Bingo on Fridays at 7 p.m. and on Sundays at 2 p.m. The community is invited. Information: 765-561-7472.