• RushFest Celebration and Wendell Willkie Day Parade, third Saturday in September, all day throughout downtown Rushville. A poker run to tour the five covered bridges will also be held. See full schedule in Friday’s Rushville Republican.
• Pink Droyd concert at Riverside Park Amphitheater (Originally scheduled for June 1 and postponed to Sept. 21 due to weather.)
• Phoenix Lodge #62 will hold a community breakfast from 6:30 to 10 a.m. at the Masonic Building located on Main Street above the old Princess Theatre. Free will donation. Meal includes: Sausage patties, biscuits, sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, and pancakes. There is an elevator for those that need it to get upstairs. We hope that all will come out and enjoy this time of good food and fellowship.
• Gather your canned goods! Once again, The Gathering will be collecting canned goods on the parade route during RushFest on Sept. 21. Last year we collected a little over 225 cans! Let’s top that this year! Support the food pantry and help stock their shelves!
• Rushville Eagles, 221 W. First Street, is hosting a breakfast from 6 to 11 a.m. Cost is a free-will donation. There also will be a rummage/bake sale from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Vendors may rent a table for $5. Info: Call Jeanine at 765-570-3176 or Karen at 765-561-7713.
• Pork Chop Dinner, 4-8 p.m., Manilla Fire Department. Tractor Pulls starting at 3:30 p.m. We will also have a gun give away.
• Rummage Sale from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Main Street Christian Church benefiting the Manna Mission. Please enter at the back southwest doors. Furniture, household items, clothes for all ages, toys and books. Items will be outside in the parking lot and in the basement.
• Rush County Farmers Market continues each Saturday, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Third and Main Streets, Rushville.
• Raleigh Community Club Dance, 7:30-10:30 p.m., weekly on Saturdays. Live band. Open to all ages.