• Please join your CIRCLe sisters for the 1st Grant Gala being held at 6 p.m.on Thursday, April 10. The grant selection event will be held in the 201 Building (corner of 2nd & Main St., Rushville) Remember, your vote counts. Please RSVP before April 1 by calling Betsy Williams at (765) 561-4005 or email Betsy at email@example.com. Member invitations have been emailed.
• At 7:30 p.m. Friday, April 11, Dr. Janette Fishell will present an IU Faculty Organ Recital at St. Paul Lutheran Church, 6045 E. State Street, Columbus. Everyone is cordially invited, admission is free. Dr. Fishell is Professor of Music and Chair of the Organ Department at Indiana University Jacobs School of Music, and is a teacher/recitalist of international standing.
• “RAISING KIDS YOU’LL LIKE” is the title of a Parenting Workshop, sponsored by Center Christian Church, on April 11. There will be pizza served from 5:15 – 6 p.m. Child care for infants through children 10 years of age will be available beginning at 5:45 p.m. The Parenting Workshop will begin at 6 p.m., ending at 8 p.m., and will be held in the Worship Center. There is NO COST for pizza or the workshop, and there will be free resource give-a-ways at the end of the evening. RSVP to the Center Christian Church (645-5348 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org) by Tuesday, April 1.
• The Arlington Elementary PTO will be hosting a fried chicken dinner on Friday, April 11 from 4:30-7 p.m. The meal consists of 2 pieces of fried chicken, roll, mashed potatoes, green beans, dessert and a drink. There will also be a carnival and vendors at the school during dinner hours. Pre-sale tickets are available from any Arlington Elementary student for $5. Price at the door will be $7. Please come and support Arlington Elementary!
• The annual Kindergarten Round Up for Rush County Schools is Saturday, April 12, 2014 from 8 a.m. to noon at Rushville Elementary School West. Parents who have students that will be age 5 by Aug. 1, 2014 should plan on attending this event. You will want to enter the Kindergarten Round Up by using the Rushville Elementary School West front sidewalk (sidewalk directly across the street from the Boys and Girls Club).