Carl Raymond Busald, 62
Hilary Howard Clark, 31
Mary Ann Gray, 88
Billy Joe Kaster, 49
Patricia Louise Leach, 83
Lawrence W. Nigh, Sr., 87
Percilla “Susie” Shideler, 67
Ruth L. Vandiver, 92
Lawrence (Larry) David Watson, 71
The Rushville Republican thanks the following persons for their subscription to and support of this newspaper:
Indiana State Library-Indianapolis
Manilla Cemetery Association meeting
The Manilla Cemetery Association will hold a meeting at 7 p.m. on March 31 at the Manilla Fire Station.
Not-for-profits may submit upcoming events to firstname.lastname@example.org or 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
• National Active and Retired Federal Employees (NARFE) Association, Indiana Chapter 0813, has a monthly meeting at 10 a.m. on the third Tuesday of each month at the Ponderosa Steakhouse, corner of North Lincoln St. and Fourth St., Greensburg. Optional lunch afterward. We have guest speakers on a variety of topics, interesting programs, and items discussed. Come meet your current and retired Federal Employee comrades. For more information, call (765) 629-2720.
• Rushville Eagles Lodge 2036 will discuss pending by-law changes at the membership meeting at 7 p.m. March 24.
• The Manilla Town and Country Homemakers Club will meet at the home of Donna Kuhn at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, March 25. Marilyn White will serve as co-hostess. Roll Call: Name a favorite recipe. Phyllis White will give devotions. Sharon Wooley will give a lesson on “Recipe Makeover.” Members please note the change in date.
• The Manna Mission will be serving pork roast, rice, carrots, and Jell-o salad on March 25, 2014. The desserts this month will be donated by Ben Davis Church members. We will be celebrating Easter for the children. Please come get a hot, healthy meal and fellowship with the volunteers.
• The 2014 Sewing Seminar sponsored by the Rush County Extension Homemakers will be on Saturday, March 29, with the doors opening at 8:30 .m. The seminar will be at the Root Building on the Rush County Fairgrounds. Participants may choose to attend four mini-sessions in the morning with the featured presenter, Elizabeth Burns, speaking after lunch. Cost is just $15 with the registration deadline on Friday, March 7. Forms are available at www.extension.purdue.edu/rush or by calling Purdue Extension – Rush County at 932-5974.