• The Homer Christian Union Church youth group will host its annual chili supper fundraiser from 5 to 7:30 p.m. on March 15. Chili, hot dogs, dessert and beverage will be available. A free will offering will be accepted and carryout is available.
• The British are coming to Fayette County. They will be performing at the Roberts Building in Roberts Park on March 15. This 28-member band, who play turn of the century brass instruments, is made up of professional musicians and a variety of current and retired band directors, firemen, doctors, and teachers including Lori Dickerson of Connersville. Crossroads Brass Band, the band in residence at Franklin College, Franklin, is one of only three such bands in Indiana. The evening will begin with a three-course dinner complete with homemade pie at 6 p.m. followed by the concert. Tickets for this event are $12.50 and can be purchased by calling Jerian Brandenburg at 825-1896. Seats are limited. Don’t miss this event. All proceeds will go to Grand Avenue United Methodist Church.
• Manilla Fire Station will host a breakfast from 7 to 10 a.m. March 15 at the fire station. The breakfast will include biscuit and gravy, sausage, scrambled eggs, hash browns, pancakes, bacon and a choice of beverage. Free will donations will be accepted and all monies raised will be used to assist members offset medical expenses.
• Milroy United Methodist Church will host a Chili Cook-off from noon to 2 p.m. Sunday, March 16. Four different types of chili will be available with “all the fixins.” A free will offering will be accepted and there will be a silent auction.
• National Active and Retired Federal Employees (NARFE) Association, Indiana Chapter 0813, has a monthly meeting at 10 a.m. on the third Tuesday of each month at the Ponderosa Steakhouse, corner of North Lincoln St. and Fourth St., Greensburg. Optional lunch afterward. We have guest speakers on a variety of topics, interesting programs, and items discussed. Come meet your current and retired Federal Employee comrades. For more information, call (765) 629-2720.