Rushville Police Department
8:28 a.m.: Theft reported in the 300 block of West Seventh Street.
1:55 p.m.: Susan D. Melton, 55, of New Castle, was cited in the 2600 block of North SR 3 for driving left of center.
6:05 p.m.: Hit and run accident reported in the 700 block of North Morgan Street.
9:30 p.m.: Jason Douglas Wilt, 29, of Rushville, was arrested in the 800 block of West 10th Street on charges of possession of methamphetamine, possession of paraphernalia, possession of marijuana and possession of a syringe. A $10,000 bond was listed.
9:45 p.m.: Kylie Ann Pratt, 18, of Rushville, was arrested in the 800 block of West 10th Street on charges of possession of methamphetamine, possession of paraphernalia, possession of marijuana and possession of a hypodermic needle. A $10,000 bond was listed.
9:50 p.m.: Christopher R. Ball, 25, of Rushville, was arrested in the 800 block of West 10th Street on a possession of marijuana charge and a unspecified writ of attachment warrant. No bond was set.
Rush County Sheriff’s Department
6:43 a.m.: Vehicle versus deer accident reported in the 8400 block of West SR 44.
9:15 a.m.: Jace B. Butler, 24,of Carthage, was involved in an accident in the 10,000 block of North Carthage Pike.
4:55 p.m.: Dennis R. Offill, 46, of Brookville, was arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated and OWI with a controlled substance or its metabolite in the body. A $10,000 bond was listed.
Rushville Police Department
- Five escape serious injury in fiery crash Five individuals escaped serious injury in a fiery two-vehicle crash south of Arlington shortly before 6:30 p.m. Sunday evening. According to investigating officer Rush County deputy Daniel Meyer, the engine in a Ford pickup truck stalled as the dri
- Natural gas line damaged near Sexton A natural gas leak occurred Friday evening in a field near CR 600N and SR 3. According to county EMA Director Chuck Kemker, the line was compromised during the process of placing drainage lines in the field. "The break caused natural gas to spew from
- Briefs Obituaries - See Page A2 and A3 Marie M. (Rosfeld) Anderson, 87 Thomas O. Cartmel, 80 Kathy L. Goddard, 65 Larry Joe LeClerc, 78 Floyd Franklin Lowe, 95 Betty A. Morris, 81 Henrietta Richardson, 91 Vera Nancy Howell Shaw, 75 Martha Lou Stephen, 83 Li
- Follow the yellow brick road to "Christmas in the Land of Oz" this weekend The spirit of Christmas is missing and area children participating in Rush County Player's charming children's adaptation of "Christmas in the Land of Oz" can surely help find it again…and maybe help reclaim your own Christmas spirit too. Come out an
- Black mark On Black Friday, I was dealing with some severe back pain. What with the giant screen TVs, the treadmills, and the new furniture; well, I never should have carried in all those newspaper ads from the front porch in one trip. My wife and I have always
- Want to see our photos? Check out SmugMug In recent issues of the Rushville Republican, readers have been invited to visit a website called SmugMug to view more photos, but many readers have been wondering what is SmugMug? SmugMug is the online photo gallery the Rushville Republican uses bec
- Commissioners announce annual appointments The Rush County Commissioners met Monday, leaving only two meetings on the calendar for 2013. During Monday's meeting, the county leaders announced the majority of their annual appointments to a variety of boards: Alcoholic Beverage Board, Josh Dweng
- Correction In Tuesday's Rushville Republican page one story in reference to Rushville Chief of Police being injured while making an arrest, the individual pictured was William P. Guffey, 44, of Arlington.
- Curbside Comments How much holiday shopping do you complete on "Black Friday" and the rest of the weekend? Curbside Comments By Frank Denzler
- Unsafe Hearing Board gets property updates Unsafe hearing board members Gary Cameron, Darrin McGowan, Angie Barton and Ron Jarman met recently and were given updates by fire chief Chuck Jenkins on a number of local properties at various stages of disrepair. The board is seeking means to locat
- More News Headlines