Rushville Police Department
8:28 a.m.: Theft reported in the 300 block of West Seventh Street.
1:55 p.m.: Susan D. Melton, 55, of New Castle, was cited in the 2600 block of North SR 3 for driving left of center.
6:05 p.m.: Hit and run accident reported in the 700 block of North Morgan Street.
9:30 p.m.: Jason Douglas Wilt, 29, of Rushville, was arrested in the 800 block of West 10th Street on charges of possession of methamphetamine, possession of paraphernalia, possession of marijuana and possession of a syringe. A $10,000 bond was listed.
9:45 p.m.: Kylie Ann Pratt, 18, of Rushville, was arrested in the 800 block of West 10th Street on charges of possession of methamphetamine, possession of paraphernalia, possession of marijuana and possession of a hypodermic needle. A $10,000 bond was listed.
9:50 p.m.: Christopher R. Ball, 25, of Rushville, was arrested in the 800 block of West 10th Street on a possession of marijuana charge and a unspecified writ of attachment warrant. No bond was set.
Rush County Sheriff’s Department
6:43 a.m.: Vehicle versus deer accident reported in the 8400 block of West SR 44.
9:15 a.m.: Jace B. Butler, 24,of Carthage, was involved in an accident in the 10,000 block of North Carthage Pike.
4:55 p.m.: Dennis R. Offill, 46, of Brookville, was arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated and OWI with a controlled substance or its metabolite in the body. A $10,000 bond was listed.
Rushville Police Department
- West Nile virus confirmed in Rushville The City of Rushville is positive for mosquitoes carrying the West Nile Virus. No human cases have been confirmed at this time. The disease is one of birds, transmitted by mosquitoes, but can also cause illness in humans and horses. All citizens are
- What a trip My wife is planning a very exciting vacation to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary. This was a big surprise to me. Not the vacation part, but the 35 years. I thought it was 34. Right now she is on the back porch, the patio table stacked high with
- The Purple Xperience hits Rushville stage RUSHVILLE - The next performance of the 2014 Rushville summer concert series is Minneapolis based The Purple Xperience (featuring two-time Grammy Award winner Matt “Doctor” Fink, former member of Prince and The Revolution) with special guests, The He
- One dead, 50 injured in upstate NY tour bus crash NORTH HUDSON, N.Y. — A teenage girl died and more than 50 people were injured when a Canadian tour bus skidded off Interstate 87, broke through a median guard rail and rolled on its side down a steep embankment in northeastern New York.State Police s
- St. Mary School golf open turns 25 As a means to generate funding for the continued educational efforts of Rush County’s only parochial school, the 25th annual St. Mary School Golf open is rapidly approaching.This year’s event will be held Aug. 9 at Antler Pointe Golf course, 3510 Nor
- Briefs ObituariesJames Lee Meyers, 69Winfred “Win” West, 83Thanks!The Rushville Republican thanks the following persons for their subscription to and support of this newspaper:David SheehanTai MorrellRobert PriddyRCHS Class of 1994 ReunionThe RCHS Class of
- Adventures with Kate: Racing for Riley For those of you who know me, you know that I love to live life and be adventurous. In my opinion, that’s the only way to live. I mean c’mon, you only live once, so you might as well live it up!Last weekend, I had an opportunity to do something I had
- Indiana volunteer flying to Washington State to help with wildfire response INDIANAPOLIS — The American Red Cross is helping people affected by the wildfires in Washington State. Red Cross volunteer and Flora resident Pat Rinehart is scheduled to leave for Washington this afternoon from Indianapolis International Airport to
- Jail population shows decrease in inmate total For the first time in a number of months, Rush County Sheriff Jeff Sherwood reported at a recent county commissioner meeting that the inmate total at the Rush County Jail was the lowest it has been since the first of the year. Currently, 35 individua
- Purdue to offer Vet Camp at Indiana State Fair WEST LAFAYETTE – The Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine is hosting Indiana State Fair Vet Camp Aug. 1-10 at the Indiana State Fair.There will be two sections of the camp. Junior Vet Camp will be from 9 a.m. until noon daily for students
- More News Headlines