Rushville Police Department
8:28 a.m.: Theft reported in the 300 block of West Seventh Street.
1:55 p.m.: Susan D. Melton, 55, of New Castle, was cited in the 2600 block of North SR 3 for driving left of center.
6:05 p.m.: Hit and run accident reported in the 700 block of North Morgan Street.
9:30 p.m.: Jason Douglas Wilt, 29, of Rushville, was arrested in the 800 block of West 10th Street on charges of possession of methamphetamine, possession of paraphernalia, possession of marijuana and possession of a syringe. A $10,000 bond was listed.
9:45 p.m.: Kylie Ann Pratt, 18, of Rushville, was arrested in the 800 block of West 10th Street on charges of possession of methamphetamine, possession of paraphernalia, possession of marijuana and possession of a hypodermic needle. A $10,000 bond was listed.
9:50 p.m.: Christopher R. Ball, 25, of Rushville, was arrested in the 800 block of West 10th Street on a possession of marijuana charge and a unspecified writ of attachment warrant. No bond was set.
Rush County Sheriff’s Department
6:43 a.m.: Vehicle versus deer accident reported in the 8400 block of West SR 44.
9:15 a.m.: Jace B. Butler, 24,of Carthage, was involved in an accident in the 10,000 block of North Carthage Pike.
4:55 p.m.: Dennis R. Offill, 46, of Brookville, was arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated and OWI with a controlled substance or its metabolite in the body. A $10,000 bond was listed.
Rushville Police Department
- Air assault helps control Yosemite wildfire PLYMOUTH, Calif. (AP) - Officials in Yosemite National Park say a relentless air assault helped limit the spread of a wildfire that has forced the evacuation of about 100 homes and sent smoke into Yosemite Valley.Park spokesman Scott Gediman says the
- Briefs ObituariesDavid W. Craven, 53Ronald D. Hillebrand Sr., 75Thanks!The Rushville Republican thanks the following persons for their subscription to and support of this newspaper:Dale HartwellCharles GratzerSenator Coats’ staff coming to RushvilleU.S. Sen
- Tornado damages city north of Boston REVERE, Mass. (AP) - A storm system that wreaked havoc across the eastern U.S. spawned a tornado just north of Boston on Monday, causing extensive damage in the coastal city of Revere, where roofs were ripped off buildings and dozens of large trees w
- Rushville is finalist for award MUNCIE - Building Better Communities (BBC), the outreach and engagement division at Ball State University, today announced nine finalists of the 2014 Primacy of Place Community Awards Program (PoPCAP.)The program, launched in 2013 by BBC and the Indi
- Hogsett to join Bose McKinney & Evans INDIANAPOLIS – The law firm of Bose McKinney & Evans LLP is pleased to announce that Joseph H. Hogsett will join the firm effective August 1, 2014 as a partner in the litigation practice group, concentrating on internal investigations and corporate a
- Amphitheater to get new structure After the concert series winds down for the season, things are looking bright for a new shelter near the Riverside Park Amphitheater.With the help of Farm Credit and other sponsors, a new permanent shelter will be built to replace the tent that has b
- RCS and Chamber working together for kids The foundation for a new collaboration between Rush County Schools and the Rush County Chamber of Commerce was recently laid at a reception held by the Chamber board of directors for members of the Board of Education. “It didn’t really take long for
- Briefs ObituariesDavid W. Craven, 53Ouida Jaunice Howington, 84Kenneth L. King, 62Aaron Lee Meal, 40Thanks!The Rushville Republican thanks the following persons for their subscription to and support of this newspaper:Bowles Barber ShopFrances MozingoDo you
- July 25 National Hot Fudge Sundae Day Today is National Hot Fudge Sundae Day! A sundae is the perfect treat to enjoy on a summer night. The cold ice cream paired with a warm, chocolate topping is one of the most delicious combinations known to man. Add some nuts, whipped cream, and cherr
- Pope meets Christian sentenced to death for faith ROME (AP) - Pope Francis met privately Thursday with a Sudanese woman who refused to recant her Christian faith in the face of a death sentence, blessing the woman as she cradled her infant born just weeks ago in prison.The Vatican characterized the
- More News Headlines