• The RCGS meeting this month will be at 11 a.m., Saturday at the Rushville Elks, 223 E. 3rd Street.
• The Rush County 4-H Family Fun Fest will be held from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday in the Root Building on the Rush County Fairgrounds. There will be activities and displays for youth in grades Kindergarten through grade 12. Feel free to stop by and pick up an enrollment form, or check out a project that you’ve always wondered about. Feel free to share the information with your friends who would like to know more about 4-H. Anyone in grades 3 through 12 can join, and there will also be Cloverbud activities for Kindergarten, first, and second graders.
• National Active and Retired Federal Employees (NARFE) Association, Indiana Chapter 0813, has a monthly meeting at 10 a.m., on the third Tuesday of each month at the Ponderosa Steakhouse, corner of North Lincoln St. and Fourth St., Greensburg. Optional lunch afterward. We have guest speakers on a variety of topics, interesting programs, and items discussed. Come meet your current and retired Federal Employee comrades. For more information, call (765) 629 2720.
• The Relay for Life for Rush County will hold a committee meeting at 6 p.m. in the council champbers and a team captain meeting at 7 p.m. in the council chambers. Upcoming committee meetings will be at 6 p.m. in the council chambers on Feb. 20, March 20, April 17 and May 15. Upcoming team captain meetings will be at 7 p.m. in the council chambers on Feb. 20, March 20, April 17 and May 15.
• Columbus Star Quilters’ Guild regularly scheduled meeting will be held Feb. 5, 2014 at the Masonic Lodge at 4131 Rocky Ford Road, the corner of Taylor and Rocky Ford Roads. All interested persons are welcome to attend. The Quilt Show Committee will discuss plans for the Quilt Show in October. You will not want to miss this meeting as the committee will announce the categories and Challenge for the 2014 Show. The doors open at 8:45 a.m. and the meeting starts at 9:30 a.m. Please bring a Show-and-Tell to share at the meeting. There is no charge to attend.