• Columbus Star Quilters’ Guild regularly scheduled meeting will be held Feb. 5, 2014 at the Masonic Lodge at 4131 Rocky Ford Road, the corner of Taylor and Rocky Ford Roads. All interested persons are welcome to attend. The Quilt Show Committee will discuss plans for the Quilt Show in October. You will not want to miss this meeting as the committee will announce the categories and Challenge for the 2014 Show. The doors open at 8:45 a.m. and the meeting starts at 9:30 a.m. Please bring a Show-and-Tell to share at the meeting. There is no charge to attend.
• ServSafe certification class: Indiana law requires that all retail food and beverage establishments have a Certified Food Handler (410 IAC 7-22) on the staff. In an ongoing commitment to serve the community, the Rush County Health Department will offer a “ServSafe®” certification class at the Rush County Courthouse from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Feb.21. Seating is limited and the registration deadline is Feb. 7. This opportunity is open to first time participants, as well as anyone who needs to be re-certified. The “ServSafe®” certification is valid for five years. Please contact the Rush County Health Department at (765) 932-3103 for more information and to register for the class.
• The Rush County Muskrats will hold a Still Board Shoot Sunday, Feb. 9 at 11 a.m. at The Farm. For more information contact Charles at 765-932-2462.
• Fathers and students of the Mays Elementary School chapter of All Pro Dads will meet at 7:25 a.m. on Feb. 18 for their monthly breakfast meeting. For more information, contact Matt Vance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Knights of Columbus will host an all you can eat chicken dinner open to the public Saturday, Feb. 22 from 5-7:30 p.m. at 227 E 3rd Street.
Cost will be $10 for adults and $6 for children. An additional $1 will be charged for a meal with all white meat. All you can eat meals are restricted to dine-in only. Carry out will be available. For more information contact Willie Wilson at 932-2277.