Not-for-profits may submit upcoming events to email@example.com or 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
• The Lady Lions will compete in the 2013 City Securities Hall of Fame Classic tournaments Friday at the New Castle Fieldhouse. Rushville will face Homestead at 11 a.m. Bedford North Lawrence will then face Pike. The losers of the first two games will play at 6 p.m. in the consolation game and the winners play following that game.
• The Lions will host the Lion Classic at Memorial Gym. Rushville faces Centerville at 10:30 a.m. Heritage Christian faces Franklin at noon. The consolation game is set for 6 p.m. with the championship at 7:30 p.m.
• The Rush County Muskrats will hold a still board shoot at 11 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 29, at The Farm. There will be a gun raffle.
• The staff and Board of Directors of the Rush County Community Foundation will be hosting a reception to honor the service and dedication of retiring Executive Director Garry E. Cooley. Please stop by the Rush County Community Foundation office between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 31, 2013 to recognize Garry’s contributions to the community and wish him well on his retirement. Light refreshments will be served. In lieu of gifts, Garry has requested that donations be made to the fund of the donor’s choice.
• Columbus Star Quilters’ Guild January meeting will be held Jan. 8, 2014 at the Masonic Lodge at 4131 Rocky Ford Road, the corner of Taylor and Rocky Ford Roads. All interested persons are welcome to attend. Member Jamie Schantz will hold a trunk show to display many of her quilts including the Viewers’ Quilt Award 2012 Quilt. Her quilts contain unique combinations of color and applique.
The doors open at 8:45 a.m. and the meeting starts at 9:30 a.m. Please bring a Show-and-Tell to share at the meeting. There is no charge to attend.