• The Lions will host the Lion Classic at Memorial Gym. Rushville faces Centerville at 10:30 a.m. Heritage Christian faces Franklin at noon. The consolation game is set for 6 p.m. with the championship at 7:30 p.m.
• The Rush County Muskrats will hold a still board shoot at 11 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 29, at The Farm. There will be a gun raffle.
• The staff and Board of Directors of the Rush County Community Foundation will be hosting a reception to honor the service and dedication of retiring Executive Director Garry E. Cooley. Please stop by the Rush County Community Foundation office between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 31, 2013 to recognize Garry’s contributions to the community and wish him well on his retirement. Light refreshments will be served. In lieu of gifts, Garry has requested that donations be made to the fund of the donor’s choice.
• Columbus Star Quilters’ Guild January meeting will be held Jan. 8, 2014 at the Masonic Lodge at 4131 Rocky Ford Road, the corner of Taylor and Rocky Ford Roads. All interested persons are welcome to attend. Member Jamie Schantz will hold a trunk show to display many of her quilts including the Viewers’ Quilt Award 2012 Quilt. Her quilts contain unique combinations of color and applique.
The doors open at 8:45 a.m. and the meeting starts at 9:30 a.m. Please bring a Show-and-Tell to share at the meeting. There is no charge to attend.
• Raleigh Community Club Dance, 7:30-10:30 p.m., weekly on Saturdays. Live band. Open to all ages.
• Tox-away Days are the first Saturday of each month from 8 a.m. to noon at Smiley Avenue. Join in making this a Clean, Green Rush County.
• The community food pantry, 109 East Third Street, Rushville is open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Tuesday and Thursday. Bring photo ID. Donations welcomed.