---- — Obituaries
Rita June (Boiles) Hollars, 58
Patricia Louise Osting, 80
The Rushville Republican thanks the following persons for their subscription to and support of this newspaper:
Holiday Trash Schedule
The City of Rushville Street and Sanitation Department will be closed Dec. 24 and 25 and Jan. 1. Tuesdays and Wednesdays trash routes will be collected Thursday, Dec. 26. Thursdays trash and Fridays recycle routes will be collected Friday, Dec. 27. The trash route will be collected Thursday, Jan. 2 along with Thursdays trash route.
Boys & Girls Club hours
The Boys & Girls Club of Rush County will be closed on the following days: Dec. 25, 26 and 29 and Jan. 1 and 5. The Club will be open from 8 a.m. to noon on Dec. 24 and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Dec. 27, 28, 30 and 31 along with Jan. 2, 3 and 4.
Not-for-profits may submit upcoming events to email@example.com or 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
• Big Flatrock Christian Church would like to invite everyone to the beautiful candle light Christmas Eve service. The service will be at 11 p.m. The church is located at 4782 W 650 S, Rushville (one mile east of Gowdy). For more information, contact Larry Adkins at 765-932-5229.
• There will be a Christmas Eve Service at the Knightstown Christian Church at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 24. Special music will be provided by the choir and Christmas songs will be sung by the audience. Richard Thayer will deliver the Christmasmessage. The public is invited to attend the service at the church located at 138 W. Main St.
• The Lady Lions will compete in the 2013 City Securities Hall of Fame Classic tournaments Friday at the New Castle Fieldhouse. Rushville will face Homestead at 11 a.m. Bedford North Lawrence will then face Pike. The losers of the first two games will play at 6 p.m. in the consolation game and the winners play following that game.
• The Lions will host the Lion Classic at Memorial Gym. Rushville faces Centerville at 10:30 a.m. Heritage Christian faces Franklin at noon. The consolation game is set for 6 p.m. with the championship at 7:30 p.m.
• The Rush County Muskrats will hold a still board shoot at 11 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 29, at The Farm. There will be a gun raffle.
• The staff and Board of Directors of the Rush County Community Foundation will be hosting a reception to honor the service and dedication of retiring Executive Director Garry E. Cooley. Please stop by the Rush County Community Foundation office between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 31, 2013 to recognize Garry’s contributions to the community and wish him well on his retirement. Light refreshments will be served. In lieu of gifts, Garry has requested that donations be made to the fund of the donor’s choice.
• Columbus Star Quilters’ Guild January meeting will be held Jan. 8, 2014 at the Masonic Lodge at 4131 Rocky Ford Road, the corner of Taylor and Rocky Ford Roads. All interested persons are welcome to attend. Member Jamie Schantz will hold a trunk show to display many of her quilts including the Viewers’ Quilt Award 2012 Quilt. Her quilts contain unique combinations of color and applique.
The doors open at 8:45 a.m. and the meeting starts at 9:30 a.m. Please bring a Show-and-Tell to share at the meeting. There is no charge to attend.
• Raleigh Community Club Dance, 7:30-10:30 p.m., weekly on Saturdays. Live band. Open to all ages.
• Tox-away Days are the first Saturday of each month from 8 a.m. to noon at Smiley Avenue. Join in making this a Clean, Green Rush County.
• The community food pantry, 109 East Third Street, Rushville is open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Tuesday and Thursday. Bring photo ID. Donations welcomed.
• In cooperation with the Rush County Food Pantry (RCCA), the Gleaners Mobile Food Bank will be bringing a truck load of food to the Main Street Christian Church parking lot, 615 N. Main St., Rushville, on the first Monday of each month for distribution to local residents.
The distribution will be made between 4 and 6 p.m. Residents will need to bring their own containers (sacks or boxes) to put their food into.
• Alcoholics Anonymous meets each Tuesday evening at 7:30 p.m. at the Hoosier Gym in Knightstown. Use the east entrance at the corner of Adams and Locust streets. Information: 765-313-1637.
• Diabetes education classes are held from 5 to 7 p.m. on the first, second, and third Tuesday of each month at Rush Memorial Hospital Skills Lab, second floor. Cost, $10 per class with a $25 refund if all three classes are attended. Info: 765-932-7416 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Partners for a Healthy Rush County meets at 6 p.m. the first Tuesday of each month at the Boys & Girls Club. Open to all interested businesses, organizations or individuals in Rush County.
• AA and Al-Anon meet at 7:30 p.m. Mondays at St. Paul’s United Methodist Church.
• Crossroads Serenity Group, an Al-Anon group, meets from 6 to 7 p.m. every Monday at 333 N. Main Street, Rushville. Information: Gail at 317-642-9112 or Larry at 765-277-9477.
• Veterans, if you have an appointment at the Richard L. Roudebush VA Medical Center in Indianapolis call (765) 932-3075, seven to 10 days in advance, to arrange a ride in the DAV van. Veterans who need a ride sooner call (765) 561-5445 or (765) 932-2703.
• Rush County Victims Assistance, Inc., monthly meeting on the third Monday of each month at 6 p.m. For location contact the office at 938-1555. The public always is invited. Info: Barbara Kuhn at 938-1555.