Not-for-profits may submit upcoming events to firstname.lastname@example.org or 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
• Big Flatrock Christian Church would like to invite everyone to the beautiful candle light Christmas Eve service. The service will be at 11 p.m. The church is located at 4782 W 650 S, Rushville (one mile east of Gowdy). For more information, contact Larry Adkins at 765-932-5229.
• There will be a Christmas Eve Service at the Knightstown Christian Church at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 24. Special music will be provided by the choir and Christmas songs will be sung by the audience. Richard Thayer will deliver the Christmasmessage. The public is invited to attend the service at the church located at 138 W. Main St.
• The Lady Lions will compete in the 2013 City Securities Hall of Fame Classic tournaments Friday at the New Castle Fieldhouse. Rushville will face Homestead at 11 a.m. Bedford North Lawrence will then face Pike. The losers of the first two games will play at 6 p.m. in the consolation game and the winners play following that game.
• The Lions will host the Lion Classic at Memorial Gym. Rushville faces Centerville at 10:30 a.m. Heritage Christian faces Franklin at noon. The consolation game is set for 6 p.m. with the championship at 7:30 p.m.
• The Rush County Muskrats will hold a still board shoot at 11 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 29, at The Farm. There will be a gun raffle.
• The staff and Board of Directors of the Rush County Community Foundation will be hosting a reception to honor the service and dedication of retiring Executive Director Garry E. Cooley. Please stop by the Rush County Community Foundation office between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 31, 2013 to recognize Garry’s contributions to the community and wish him well on his retirement. Light refreshments will be served. In lieu of gifts, Garry has requested that donations be made to the fund of the donor’s choice.