---- — Obituaries
Elmer J. Kline, 88
Carl E. Purcell, 95
The Rushville Republican thanks the following persons for their subscription to and support of this newspaper:
Read Congressman Luke Messer’s thoughts on the continuing negotiations with Iran on its nuclear weapons program. Visit our website at www.rushvillerepublican.com.
Not-for-profits may submit upcoming events to firstname.lastname@example.org or 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
• Rushville Church of Christ, 627 W 11th Street, Rushville, invites all to attend a special journey to first century Bethlehem from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. nightly Dec. 13 and14. Come experience a live and interactive outdoor nativity, where we turn our parking lot into the town of Bethlehem as it may have been the night Jesus was born, giving our guests a true experience of that night.
• Rush County Chorale performances Dec. 14 and Dec. 15 at Center Christian Church and the Rushville Presbyterian Church. No ticket sales. Details to be announced.
• The Rushville Eagle’s will host a Breakfast with Santa from 7 to 11 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 14. Santa will be in attendance from 8 to 10 a.m. Public is invited with a free will donation being collected. In town deliveries available by calling 765-309-5984.
• The Boys & Girls Club of Rush County will be closed Saturday, Dec. 14, for the annual Christmas parties. The party for the boys starts at 9 a.m. and should be over by 11 a.m. The party for the girls starts at noon and should be over by 2 p.m. Both parties are for youth ages 5-19 and the kids do not have to be a member of the Boys & Girls Club to come and enjoy themselves at our parties. If there are any questions, contact William Walker at 932-2765.
• Rush County Heritage will be hosting its annual Christmas Pitch-in Dinner on Wed., Dec. 18 beginning at 5 p.m. at Big Flatrock Christian Church located at 4782 W 650 S, east of Gowdy. Meat, drinks and table service will be furnished. Dress casual and bring covered dish and/or deserts. Entertainment by Carolyn Cleland on the harp accompanied by Marsh Davis on the tuba. Everyone is invited. Call 765-629-2892 for more information.
• Santa Claus will make his annual appearance at Burns Funeral Home in Milroy. Visit with Santa starting at 1:30 p.m.
• Rush County Schools Christmas Break begins. Students return to school on Monday, Jan. 6, 2014.
• Big Flatrock Christian Church would like to invite everyone to the beautiful candle light Christmas Eve service. The service will be at 11 p.m. The church is located at 4782 W 650 S, Rushville (one mile east of Gowdy). For more information, contact Larry Adkins at 765-932-5229.
Columbus Star Quilters’ Guild January meeting will be held Jan. 8, 2014 at the Masonic Lodge at 4131 Rocky Ford Road, the corner of Taylor and Rocky Ford Roads. All interested persons are welcome to attend. Member Jamie Schantz will hold a trunk show to display many of her quilts including the Viewers’ Quilt Award 2012 Quilt. Her quilts contain unique combinations of color and applique.
The doors open at 8:45 a.m. and the meeting starts at 9:30 a.m. Please bring a Show-and-Tell to share at the meeting. There is no charge to attend.
• Raleigh Community Club Dance, 7:30-10:30 p.m., weekly on Saturdays. Live band. Open to all ages.
• Tox-away Days are the first Saturday of each month from 8 a.m. to noon at Smiley Avenue. Join in making this a Clean, Green Rush County.
• The community food pantry, 109 East Third Street, Rushville is open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Tuesday and Thursday. Bring photo ID. Donations welcomed.
• In cooperation with the Rush County Food Pantry (RCCA), the Gleaners Mobile Food Bank will be bringing a truck load of food to the Main Street Christian Church parking lot, 615 N. Main St., Rushville, on the first Monday of each month for distribution to local residents. The distribution will be made between 4 and 6 p.m. Residents will need to bring their own containers (sacks or boxes) to put their food into.
• Alcoholics Anonymous meets each Tuesday evening at 7:30 p.m. at the Hoosier Gym in Knightstown. Use the east entrance at the corner of Adams and Locust streets. Information: 765-313-1637.
• Diabetes education classes are held from 5 to 7 p.m. on the first, second, and third Tuesday of each month at Rush Memorial Hospital Skills Lab, second floor. Cost, $10 per class with a $25 refund if all three classes are attended. Info: 765-932-7416 or email@example.com
• Partners for a Healthy Rush County meets at 6 p.m. the first Tuesday of each month at the Boys & Girls Club. Open to all interested businesses, organizations or individuals in Rush County.
• AA and Al-Anon meet at 7:30 p.m. Mondays at St. Paul’s United Methodist Church.
• Crossroads Serenity Group, an Al-Anon group, meets from 6 to 7 p.m. every Monday at 333 N. Main Street, Rushville. Information: Gail at 317-642-9112 or Larry at 765-277-9477.
• Veterans, if you have an appointment at the Richard L. Roudebush VA Medical Center in Indianapolis call (765) 932-3075, seven to 10 days in advance, to arrange a ride in the DAV van. Veterans who need a ride sooner call (765) 561-5445 or (765) 932-2703.
• Rush County Victims Assistance, Inc., monthly meeting on the third Monday of each month at 6 p.m. For location contact the office at 938-1555. The public always is invited. Info: Barbara Kuhn at 938-1555.