• Phoenix Lodge #62 & Martha Poe OES will be hosting a Tenderloin Dinner at the RCHS cafeteria on Friday, Feb 28, before the RCHS boys basketball game against North Decatur. We will be serving from 5 to 7 p.m. and carry outs will be available. Tickets are $8 in advance or $9 at the door for adults and kids are $5. If you would like to purchase a ticket, you can contact Will Wilson at 317-691-7914 or any other member. Please come and enjoy a good meal and good fellowship before going to the ball game.
• Firearm Safety for Home and Personal Defense is the topic of a special interest program being presented at 6 p.m. Monday, March 3, in the Assembly Room of the Rush County Courthouse. Free and open to the public, this program is being taught by Rush County Sheriff Deputy Steve Houston. Reservations are not necessary, but encouraged by calling 932-5974. The Rush County Extension Homemakers are coordinating this program.
• Big Flatrock Christian Church would like to invite everyone to their annual chili supper from 4 to 7 p.m. on Saturday, March 8. A free will offering will be accepted. Carry out will be available. Chili without spaghetti will also be available upon request. A bake sale and a silent auction will be held by the Dorcas Circle II during the meal. The church is located at 4782 West 650 South, Rushville (one mile east of Gowdy). For more information, contact Larry Adkins at 765-932-5229.
• Manilla Lions Club is hosting a pancake, sausage, biscuit and gravy breakfast from 6:30 to 11 a.m. on Saturday, March 8 at their community building located at 2877 S 950 W, Manilla (off State Road 44). Adults $5; children 12 and under $3.
• The partnership of East Central Small Business Development Center, the Rush County ECDC and Rush County Chamber of Commerce is presenting a Launch Your Own Business workshop March 12. The workshop will be held from 9 a.m. to noon March 12, at River Point Office Suites. Call the ECDC at 765-938-3232 or email email@example.com to register or for more information.