Nila Ruth Lowery, 82
George W. Wedding, 85
The Rushville Republican thanks the following persons for their subscription to and support of this newspaper:
Not-for-profits may submit upcoming events to firstname.lastname@example.org or 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
• Knights of Columbus will host an all you can eat chicken dinner open to the public Saturday, Feb. 22 from 5 to 7:30 p.m. at 227 E. 3rd Street. Cost will be $10 for adults and $6 for children. An additional $1 will be charged for a meal with all white meat. All you can eat meals are restricted to dine-in only. Carry out will be available. For more information contact Willie Wilson at 932-2277.
• AMERICAN LEGION will hold a fundraiser for “Vets Helping Vets” Saturday, Feb. 22. Please join them in the fun at this all day event. There will be a bake sale, cornhole tournament at noon, auction from 3:30-6 p.m. and music by Sweetwater at 7:30 p.m.
Contact the American Legion for more information: 765-932-3415.
• The Manna Mission will be serving ham and beans, cornbread, hash browns, slaw, and applesauce from 5 to 7 p.m. Feb 25 at Main Street Christian Church. Desserts are being donated by Tri Kappa. Eat in and carry out are available.
• The Manilla Town & Country Homemakers Club will have a dinner meeting at 6 p.m. on Wed., Feb. 26 at the Cow Palace in Shelbyville. Marjorie Carmony will be the hostess. Doris Drake will give devotions. Roll Call: Name a favorite recipe. Sharon Wooley will give a program on “Recipe Makeover.”
• The Noble Niters will meet at 7 p.m. Feb. 26 at Carla Angle’s house. Marlene Fudge will be the assistant hostess. The lesson will be “making laundry detergent” with leader Angie Kuhn. Roll call response will be “Where did you go on your first date?” Inspiration by Dixie Meyer.