Big Brothers Big Sisters is once again selling fall mums! They are $7 each for a hardy 10-inch mum. The colors are red, yellow, bronze, white, coral pink and lavender. Place your order by Aug. 20. The mums will be available for pick-up Aug. 24 at First Presbyterian Church (Third and Morgan) in Rushville from 9:30 a.m. to noon. Order via email, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 765-932-5449.
Fire reported at Arlington Elementary school
Due to a fire at Arlington Elementary School Wednesday, students were released early. The fire was contained to the maintenance room area and was quickly extinguished. No injuries were reported as a result of the fire. See Friday’s edition of the Rus
- Legislators look to help school districts INDIANAPOLIS -- Legislators are closing in on a way to help some school districts that stand to lose millions of dollars in transportation funds. A proposal in a school debt service bill essentially stalls for three years a law that requires schools
- Things to know about the Phoenix NASCAR race AVONDALE, Ariz. (AP) - Kevin Harvick and the rest of the new team at Stewart-Haas Racing are still trying to learn everyone's names. That hasn't stopped them from winning right away. Dominating from the start, Harvick raced away from the field for hi
- Fredette excited about joining Bulls CHICAGO (AP) - Jimmer Fredette wanted to start over. The Chicago Bulls wanted to improve their outside shooting. Each side is hoping for a perfect match. Fredette joined the surging Bulls on Sunday after the team announced it had signed the sharp-sho
- Winding down of a 43-year career "John Williams is a better person for having been associated with the Rush County Schools. It is hoped in some small way the Rush County Schools are better for having been associated with John Williams." Williams stated this in his retirement letter.
- Smallwood goes from small town to top secret clearance Editor's Note: This is another installment of Rush County residents who served in the various branches of the armed forces. Shawn Smallwood spent many of his formative years growing up the rural communities of Arlington, Manilla and Mays and attended
- County to form Redevelopment Commission For the second time in recent months, city officials approached county leaders requesting a partnership between the county and the city's redevelopment commission for a project. The first request resulted in the county forming a TIF District at the S
- Connecticut man sentenced for fraud of church HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) - A former Connecticut securities broker been sentenced to 25 years in prison after pleading guilty to federal charges that he swindled investors, including a Greek Orthodox church, out of more than $27 million. Fifty-four-year-o
- CVS to kick the habit in October The largest pharmacy chain in the nation is taking a large step in supporting the health and wellness of their customers and employees. "We came to the decision that cigarettes and providing health care just don't go together in the same setting," La
- An adventure in New Zealand Half-a-world away, RCHS graduate Ashley Hedrick is having the time and adventure of her life. Hedrick, a student at Earlham College, is with 14 other students studying abroad in New Zealand. "Going on this program was probably one of the best decisio
- More News Headlines
- Fire reported at Arlington Elementary school