• Teresa Hall Benefit Ride. Sign up 10 a.m. at the American Legion in Rushville. Ride at noon. Return at approximately 4 p.m. $10 for bike. Each additional rider $5. Hog roast following ride. Live entertainment, silent auction. T-shirts. Breast cancer awareness jewelry for sale.
• The Franklin County Democratic Party third annual Free 6th District Democratic Rally at 1 p.m. at the Franklin County Hilltop Shelter (Franklin County Fairgrounds). There will be a free cookout, entertainment and fun for the kids. Speakers include: John Zody - Indiana Democratic Party chairman, Beth White - Marion County Clerk of Courts, Terri Austin - State Representative along with other local elected officials. Remember this is a Free event so bring your family and friends! Information: Tom Vohland at 513-593-2345.
• The public is invited to attend a “Family Focus Time” at the Hoosier Gym from 7-9 p.m. hosted by the Ministerial Fellowship of Knightstown. Christian entertainer Tab Beechler will be providing piano music and favorite songs. Area churches are now collecting school supplies and funds for book rental fees which will be given to all who need them during this event. For further information, contact your minister or Deacon Russ Woodard of the Knightstown Minister’s Fellowship. Concessions available through the Hoosier Gym Association.
• Rush County Genealogical Society Meeting, 11 a.m, Rushville Elks Lodge, 223 E 3rd Street, Rushville.
• Rush County Farmers Market continues each Saturday, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Third and Main Streets, Rushville.
• Raleigh Community Club Dance, 7:30-10:30 p.m., weekly on Saturdays. Live band. Open to all ages.
• Mahoning Valley Christian Service Camp is celebrating 70 years of service with a public event from 2-6 p.m.
• Open House at Milroy Elementary for grades 1 to 6, is 6 to 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 13.
• All parents of band students in middle school and high school are invited and encouraged to volunteer and help through the Rush County Band Boosters Organization. The next meeting will be at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 13 in the RCHS Band Room. While this meeting is on a Tuesday because of scheduling conflicts, the Band Boosters regular meets the second Monday of each month at 6 p.m. in the Band Room. . For more information about Band Boosters or to add your information to the e-mail reminder list please contact president Charles Brown at email@example.com.