• A 3-session series of Parenting Counts is being offered on Aug. 8, 15 & 22 from 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. Sponsored by Purdue Extension and the Rush County Parenting Council, these classes are geared toward the parents and family members of children ages birth to age 5. The focus is raising socially and emotionally healthy children. Call 932-5974 to register by Wednesday, July 31. Cost is just $10 per family for the entire series. Child care will be provided by volunteers from the Phoenix House. Class size is limited, so call soon.
• Need Shoes? Come to Changing Footprints Warehouse from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday at 310 Julian St., Rushville. If you have shoes to donate, they can be dropped off during these hours also. Contact: 317-296-3627 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Butler University in Indianapolis presents Understanding GMOs: An Evening with Dr. Don Huber, at 6:30 p.m. Program will include information on what GMOs are, how they ended up in our foods and how they impact our health. A Q&A will follow. For tickets or more info visit donhuber.eventbrite.com.
• Concert - Levi Riggs free concert at the Rushville Riverside Park Amphitheater.
• The 24th Annual St. Mary School Golf Open at Antler Pointe Golf Course in Rushville. Tee times at 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. Cost is $ 55.00 per player / $ 220.00 per team. ( 4 person team scramble) Meal and golf carts included. Tee ad sponorships available for $ 40. For more information or to register a team or tee ad, please call Shawn & Stacy Adkins 765-932-3361 , Missy Koors 765-938-5613, or Jim & Stacey Cowan 765-663-2696.
• Descendents of James and Pricella Kinder Gorman are invited to the Gorman Reunion on Saturday, Aug. 10, 2013. Doors open at 11 a.m. with dinner at noon at the Shelter House in Sunset Park, Knightstown. Bring a well-filled basket and your own drinks. Table service will be provided.