To prepare for the 2017 Reassessment ordered by the State of Indiana, an employee of the Rush County Assessor’s office will be checking properties in the city of Rushville starting Aug. 5, 2013. Nick White will be visiting every property and taking photographs. Anyone having any questions may call the Assessor’s Office at 765-932-3242.
Not-for-profits may submit upcoming events to firstname.lastname@example.org or 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
• Only Rush County Schools Kindergarten students will attend school Tuesday, Aug. 6.
• Open House at Arlington Elementary for grades 1 to 6 is from 5 to 7 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 6.
• Open House at RES East and West for grades 1 to 6 is from 5:30 to 7 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 6.
• Need Shoes? Come to Changing Footprints Warehouse from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday at 310 Julian St., Rushville. If you have shoes to donate, they can be dropped off during these hours also. Contact: 317-296-3627 or email@example.com
• The first Tuesday of every month a free health check is available at Miller’s Merry Manor, 2 to 3 p.m. Blood Pressure, blood sugar and weight checks. Refreshments will be available.
• Rush County Schools students grades 1 to 12 will begin school Wednesday, Aug. 7.
• Columbus Star Quilters’ Guild special meeting on Aug. 7. The meeting will be an auction of the items from the generous sewing stash donation made by Carol Duncan. It will be held at the Masonic Lodge at 4131 Rocky Ford Road, the corner of Taylor and Rocky Ford Roads. All interested persons are welcome to attend. There is no charge to attend. Doors open at 8:45 a.m. and the auction starts at 9:30 a.m.
• Rush County Schools grades K to 12 will all attend school Thursday, Aug. 8.
• The annual Bohn Aluminum and Brass Division lunch begins at 11: 30 a.m., Aug. 8, Greensburg Country Club/McCamments Cattleman’s Inn. Buffet lunch begins at noon.