- Letters to the Editor
- Upset about traffic stop treatment Farming and the Glass Barn Dear Editor: So much has been in the news lately about flood and drought and other complications that come with farming. But the one story that hasn't been told is how Indiana achieves a $37 bi
- Police Chief responds to recent letter Dear Editor: I am responding to the "Letter to the Editor" written by Mrs. Morrell and published on July 9, 2013 regarding her encounter with two police officers in early June. First, I extend my most sincere apology to Mrs. Morrell and her
Police behavior was wrong
Dear Editor: On June 2, 2013, we set out to take our out-of-town guests on a tour of the covered bridges in Rush County. Wanting to show off the beautiful countryside and enjoy the beginnings of spring w
- Sheehan Cancer Center thank you Dear Editor: The members of the Rush Memorial Hospital Foundation board and Rush Memorial Hospital staff would like to thank Stagg's Dairy Treats and Restaurant and the public for their gift of $812.20 to the RMH Sheehan Cancer Center. Many thanks t
- A history of the July 4 parade To the people of Rush County: Imagine you have been in charge of a community event for over 25 years. You nurtured it and watched it grow, and it became very popular. Your event did so well that other people asked you to organize similar ev
Asbestos awareness is an important topic
My father, sister and husband all died because of asbestos. Now my brother has asbestosis. I set up my website because of the death of my husband to let people know of the dangers. It was the first website designed by a person on the internet at that time instead of by lawyers. The stories are to honour those effected by asbestos and to make sure they are never forgotten. I had just finished the last sentence when I heard of Janelle’s death.
Proposed parade route
I see room for compromise on the 4th of July parade route. Up Main Street to 5th Street then take 5th Street to Harrison Street to 11th Street.
Thank you from the Dungan family
On Feb. 25, 2013, we lost our dear brother, Rick Chester Dungan. On April 7, 2013, we lost our precious mother, Juanita Dungan. On May 23, 2013, we lost our beloved brother and father, Timothy Allen Dungan.
Student appreciates community support
Dear citizens of Rush County,
Thanks to your generosity, I get to live my dream this summer and travel with the People to People Student Ambassador Program to Italy, Southern France and Spain. While I am there, I will get to do things that a typical tourist would never be able to do
Parade should be on Harrison Street
There was good reason for not moving the parade back onto Main Street after the third lane was rammed through: we learned Harrison Street is a better route for both the participants and the spectators.
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines