On Jan. 5, 2013 the Veterans of Foreign Wars Jackson-Cox Post 1541 held their monthly meeting at the American Legion “Robert L. Jenkins” Post 150.
Robert A. Brown, Commander, announced his resignation because of personal reasons.
A motion by Ron Copple was made to dissolve the Post, turn in the Charter and donate the general funds to local veterans groups and charities. Furthermore, stating that if no veterans come forward on Saturday, Feb. 2, 2013 at 0900 hours at the monthly meeting at the American Legion “Robert L. Jenkins” Post 150, a final decision will be made to dissolve. Motion was seconded by Johnny Tompkins. Motion carried.
Once the Charter is turned in members will either go to another Post or be a national member of the VFW.
Please, veterans, come to the meeting on Feb. 2, 2013 at the American Legion “Robert L. Jenkins” Post 150 and let your voice be heard.
In years past the Post members donated time and money to the community.
Veterans Service Officer
- Letters to the Editor
- Letter to the Editor Thank youDear Editor,I would like to thank the Mays-Raleigh Fire Dept., Rush Memorial Hospital and ambulance service, St. Vincent Rehab Unit for their excellent service. Also I want to thank Rev. Gries, my wife who stayed at my side for 18 long days
Letters to the Editor
Thank youDear Editor,The family of Earl Reynolds would like to express their sincere appreciation for all the prayers, cards, flowers, donations, food and assistance. We thank you for all your kindness to help us through the very difficult time of lo
- Letter to Editor No excuses for Milroy crashesDear Editor,With consternation and disbelief, I read of yet another crash at the intersection of SR 3 and SR 244 at the west edge of Milroy.There could not be a more clear, seemingly safe, intersection anywhere in the wor
- Letter to the Editor Thank youDear Editor,The Bacon family would like to thank friends and family who gave flowers, thoughts and prayers during the passing of Bille last month. Don Bacon and his family appreciate all that was done during a great time of need. Thank you s
- Letter to the Editor Thank youDear Editor, We want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who attended the annual Rush County Community Foundation Day at Stagg’s Dairy Treats and Restaurant on Sunday, May 4. Without the continued support of the Rush County community
- Letters to the editor Thank you Dear Editor, We at Flatrock River Lodge would like to thank everyone for making the 2014 Area 9 Senior Games a great success. A special thanks to Amanda Capps, activities director; Vicki Williams, dietary manager; our staff; volunteers; May
- Letters to the editor Thank you Dear Editor, We would like to thank everyone for all their help and kindness during my husband and our father's illness and death. Especially, Flatrock River Lodge, Decatur County Hospice, the Arlington Church, Mosters and Darrell Cooper of
- Letter to the Editor Greetings and salutations Dear Editor, Throughout history, there have been many accepted and commonly used ways of referring to the two genders as a pair or group. Herewith are just a sampling of them, to-wit: • Men and Women--always safe, but rather
- Letter to the editor Dear Editor: The board, staff, and fundraising committee of the Rushville Public Library wish to thank the many wonderful people who helped make our recent fund-raising event, "Love Your Library Rendezvous", a great success. More than 35 individuals,
- Letters to the Editor Thanks to volunteer fire departments Dear Editor, We would like to take this opportunity to give a very special thank you to the Anderson Twp. Volunteer Fire Department and first responders, Clarksburg Volunteer Fire Dept. and Rushville Twp. Voluntee
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines