On Jan. 5, 2013 the Veterans of Foreign Wars Jackson-Cox Post 1541 held their monthly meeting at the American Legion “Robert L. Jenkins” Post 150.
Robert A. Brown, Commander, announced his resignation because of personal reasons.
A motion by Ron Copple was made to dissolve the Post, turn in the Charter and donate the general funds to local veterans groups and charities. Furthermore, stating that if no veterans come forward on Saturday, Feb. 2, 2013 at 0900 hours at the monthly meeting at the American Legion “Robert L. Jenkins” Post 150, a final decision will be made to dissolve. Motion was seconded by Johnny Tompkins. Motion carried.
Once the Charter is turned in members will either go to another Post or be a national member of the VFW.
Please, veterans, come to the meeting on Feb. 2, 2013 at the American Legion “Robert L. Jenkins” Post 150 and let your voice be heard.
In years past the Post members donated time and money to the community.
Veterans Service Officer
- Letters to the Editor
- Letter to the Editor Greetings and salutations Dear Editor, Throughout history, there have been many accepted and commonly used ways of referring to the two genders as a pair or group. Herewith are just a sampling of them, to-wit: • Men and Women--always safe, but rather
- Letter to the editor Dear Editor: The board, staff, and fundraising committee of the Rushville Public Library wish to thank the many wonderful people who helped make our recent fund-raising event, "Love Your Library Rendezvous", a great success. More than 35 individuals,
- Letters to the Editor Thanks to volunteer fire departments Dear Editor, We would like to take this opportunity to give a very special thank you to the Anderson Twp. Volunteer Fire Department and first responders, Clarksburg Volunteer Fire Dept. and Rushville Twp. Voluntee
- Letter to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor, I want to express my appreciation to all who cared for me at Rush Memorial Hospital and Miller's Merry Manor during my recent accident and recovery. A special thanks to the therapy department at Miller's for their patience and
- Letter to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor, I would like to thank Monte Sitton and all others for a great job cleaning the streets of Manilla. I think Rush County and the state did a great job for what they had to deal with. Thanks again. Vicki Weitzel Manilla Letter to
- Letters to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor, We want to thank all who came to our 50th wedding anniversary and made it a perfect success. Love you all, Bill & Kay Beadle Thank you Dear Editor, R.U.S.H., Rushville United Santa Helpers, formally Toys for Tots, would like to
- Letter to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor, I wish to thank each one of you for your phone calls, visits, cards and gifts in honor of my Aunt Dorothy Crawley's 100th birthday. Each one of you brought great joy and happiness to her on her very special day. Following is he
- Letters to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor: From the family of Anna Laker, we would like to thank all our friends for the kind words, to Father Jeremy Gries for his fine services and kind words and a special thank you to Jim Todd for his leadership in our time of loss. A
- Letter to the Editor Dear Editor, The family of Pat Osting thank the Glenwood Fire Department EMT's and Rush Memorial Hospital Ambulance crews, the emergency room staff and Father Jeremy Gries for the mass and being there in her time of need. We thank Jim Todd for his le
- Thank you from the library staff Dear Editor, As we turn the page from 2013 to 2014, the trustees and staff of the Rushville Public Library wish to extend our appreciation to all who supported the library this past year in one fashion or another. Most prominent is the City of Rushvi
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines