On Sept. 5, 2012 our family’s life was turned upside down. After discovering a cancerous mass in my chest, I was jetted off to St. Francis Hospital where we started a whirlwind of tests, treatments, surgeries and recovery. From the second word broke out of what was happening to us, you the community, family, friends, and church family all stepped in to aid in anyway possible. It is absolutely impossible for us to convey to you the amount of appreciation we have toward the whole community for your endless support and love.
Since day one, we’ve been blessed with so many gifts. First, the best gift of all has been the amount of people lifting us up in prayer. I know without a doubt that your prayers helped us get through such a traumatic event. God truly answered those prayers and protected us and brought me safely home to my husband and four children. After coming home from the hospital the love continued, and still continues to pour into our home!
Thank you to the families who own and help run the Culver’s restaurant in Greenfield and held a fundraiser in our honor. But also, thank you to everyone who came and ate or donated in support. The turnout was amazing, and unbelievably humbling. So, thank you for taking time out of your busy schedules to share your time, love and support. Also, thank you to everyone who participated in “Someone Who Cares.” What a neat and amazing gift every time I opened the mailbox! And finally, thank you for the support via the T-shirt fundraiser. All I can say is what an honor. Between all these fundraisers and gifts, obviously the money will be put to good use as our medical bills continue to come in.
Finally, thank you all for everything! For all the prayers, food, gift cards, monetary donations, home goods and the hundreds of cards we have received! Again, it is absolutely impossible for us to express the amount of gratitude and appreciation for your continued love and support. This is one amazing community, and I can’t wait to be completely back on my feet so I can return the love. I will not let this beat me! And you have no idea how comforting it is to know that I am not fighting alone!
God bless this community and each individual/family who is dealing with this dreaded disease called cancer. No one fights alone!
Drew & Melinda Dora & families
p.s. Do not go with fear! Strength! Courage! God is with you! - Joshua 1:9
- Letters to the Editor
- Letters to the Editor A solution needs to be found Dear Editor, As a retired Deputy Sheriff with 35 years of experience in Rush County Law Enforcement. I now find myself a Seasoned Citizen of Rushville who must rely on the Rushville Police Department to deter crime and p
- Letter to the Editor Indy cop no longer "exemplary" Dear Editor: In reporting on the recent court case involving an Indianapolis police officer, an Indianapolis television reporter just announced that "Officer Bisard had been an exemplary officer for years." I would offe
- Letters to the Editor Local library systems still living in the past Dear Editor: I commenced to read with interest and high hopes the P-1 story in the Friday, Nov. 22, edition of the Rushville Republican headed, "Library expansion proposal heard." It didn't take long for
- Letters to the Editor Who knows everything? Nobody, that's who! Dear Editor: All the foofaraw currently going on in much of the world about "spying" is really a full load of nonsense. You could fertilize your garden with it. All countries spy on each other - always have a
- Letter to the Editor Beware those heathen Catholics! Dear Editor, I continue to be amazed that hidebound Republicans continue to defend, even admire, the actions of Sarah Palin, who continues to demonstrate her slim grasp on reality and seeming lack of ordinary intellige
- Letters to the editor Thank you Dear Editor: The family of Dick Reed wishes to thank everyone for the prayers, cards and visits for him during his illness and after his death. Special thanks to Ann and Dick Moster for the care and concern they showed in
- Letter to the Editor A refreshing moment Dear Editor: I had occasion to compliment a young waitress one day last week. She refilled my coffee cup and when I said, "Thank you," she actually replied "You're welcome." How nice to hear
- Rich Traditions Rich Traditions Rich Traditions Dear Editor: Thanksgiving is a time for so many to have great family, church, and community traditions, all rich in their own way, as well as provide many fond memories. That's the badge that Rushville holds for th
- Letter to the editor The value of what you are selling Dear Editor, Herschel used to be a mailman in Hagerstown, and he was also a painter on the side. About 40 years ago he approached me with his arm in a sling, and told me he had a ladder I could hav
- Discovery about diplomacy Children of the Republic are you awake? We are few in number and dwindling; our children will not even know that we were founded as a republic not a democratic nation soon although; I fear that this is the case already. I have so many times thought
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines