On Sept. 5, 2012 our family’s life was turned upside down. After discovering a cancerous mass in my chest, I was jetted off to St. Francis Hospital where we started a whirlwind of tests, treatments, surgeries and recovery. From the second word broke out of what was happening to us, you the community, family, friends, and church family all stepped in to aid in anyway possible. It is absolutely impossible for us to convey to you the amount of appreciation we have toward the whole community for your endless support and love.
Since day one, we’ve been blessed with so many gifts. First, the best gift of all has been the amount of people lifting us up in prayer. I know without a doubt that your prayers helped us get through such a traumatic event. God truly answered those prayers and protected us and brought me safely home to my husband and four children. After coming home from the hospital the love continued, and still continues to pour into our home!
Thank you to the families who own and help run the Culver’s restaurant in Greenfield and held a fundraiser in our honor. But also, thank you to everyone who came and ate or donated in support. The turnout was amazing, and unbelievably humbling. So, thank you for taking time out of your busy schedules to share your time, love and support. Also, thank you to everyone who participated in “Someone Who Cares.” What a neat and amazing gift every time I opened the mailbox! And finally, thank you for the support via the T-shirt fundraiser. All I can say is what an honor. Between all these fundraisers and gifts, obviously the money will be put to good use as our medical bills continue to come in.
Finally, thank you all for everything! For all the prayers, food, gift cards, monetary donations, home goods and the hundreds of cards we have received! Again, it is absolutely impossible for us to express the amount of gratitude and appreciation for your continued love and support. This is one amazing community, and I can’t wait to be completely back on my feet so I can return the love. I will not let this beat me! And you have no idea how comforting it is to know that I am not fighting alone!
God bless this community and each individual/family who is dealing with this dreaded disease called cancer. No one fights alone!
Drew & Melinda Dora & families
p.s. Do not go with fear! Strength! Courage! God is with you! - Joshua 1:9
- Letters to the Editor
- Letter to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor, I want to express my appreciation to all who cared for me at Rush Memorial Hospital and Miller's Merry Manor during my recent accident and recovery. A special thanks to the therapy department at Miller's for their patience and
- Letter to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor, I would like to thank Monte Sitton and all others for a great job cleaning the streets of Manilla. I think Rush County and the state did a great job for what they had to deal with. Thanks again. Vicki Weitzel Manilla Letter to
- Letters to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor, We want to thank all who came to our 50th wedding anniversary and made it a perfect success. Love you all, Bill & Kay Beadle Thank you Dear Editor, R.U.S.H., Rushville United Santa Helpers, formally Toys for Tots, would like to
- Letter to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor, I wish to thank each one of you for your phone calls, visits, cards and gifts in honor of my Aunt Dorothy Crawley's 100th birthday. Each one of you brought great joy and happiness to her on her very special day. Following is he
- Letters to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor: From the family of Anna Laker, we would like to thank all our friends for the kind words, to Father Jeremy Gries for his fine services and kind words and a special thank you to Jim Todd for his leadership in our time of loss. A
- Letter to the Editor Dear Editor, The family of Pat Osting thank the Glenwood Fire Department EMT's and Rush Memorial Hospital Ambulance crews, the emergency room staff and Father Jeremy Gries for the mass and being there in her time of need. We thank Jim Todd for his le
- Thank you from the library staff Dear Editor, As we turn the page from 2013 to 2014, the trustees and staff of the Rushville Public Library wish to extend our appreciation to all who supported the library this past year in one fashion or another. Most prominent is the City of Rushvi
- Letter to the Editor Deer me, an amazing sight on Airport Road Dear Editor: A couple of days ago, Marilyn had to arise at 2:40 a.m. in order to be at her desk at the Richmond Kmart at 5 a.m. I happened to be awake at the time as she looked out one of our upstairs bedroom
- Letters to the Editor Thank you from Reality Store Dear Editor, MainSource Bank would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our Corporate Sponsors: MainSource Bank, Duke Energy, Beta Sigma Phi NuGamma Sorority, RushShelby Energy, Copeland, Intat, and Pizza King of
- Letters to the Editor A solution needs to be found Dear Editor, As a retired Deputy Sheriff with 35 years of experience in Rush County Law Enforcement. I now find myself a Seasoned Citizen of Rushville who must rely on the Rushville Police Department to deter crime and p
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines