On Sept. 5, 2012 our family’s life was turned upside down. After discovering a cancerous mass in my chest, I was jetted off to St. Francis Hospital where we started a whirlwind of tests, treatments, surgeries and recovery. From the second word broke out of what was happening to us, you the community, family, friends, and church family all stepped in to aid in anyway possible. It is absolutely impossible for us to convey to you the amount of appreciation we have toward the whole community for your endless support and love.
Since day one, we’ve been blessed with so many gifts. First, the best gift of all has been the amount of people lifting us up in prayer. I know without a doubt that your prayers helped us get through such a traumatic event. God truly answered those prayers and protected us and brought me safely home to my husband and four children. After coming home from the hospital the love continued, and still continues to pour into our home!
Thank you to the families who own and help run the Culver’s restaurant in Greenfield and held a fundraiser in our honor. But also, thank you to everyone who came and ate or donated in support. The turnout was amazing, and unbelievably humbling. So, thank you for taking time out of your busy schedules to share your time, love and support. Also, thank you to everyone who participated in “Someone Who Cares.” What a neat and amazing gift every time I opened the mailbox! And finally, thank you for the support via the T-shirt fundraiser. All I can say is what an honor. Between all these fundraisers and gifts, obviously the money will be put to good use as our medical bills continue to come in.
Finally, thank you all for everything! For all the prayers, food, gift cards, monetary donations, home goods and the hundreds of cards we have received! Again, it is absolutely impossible for us to express the amount of gratitude and appreciation for your continued love and support. This is one amazing community, and I can’t wait to be completely back on my feet so I can return the love. I will not let this beat me! And you have no idea how comforting it is to know that I am not fighting alone!
God bless this community and each individual/family who is dealing with this dreaded disease called cancer. No one fights alone!
Drew & Melinda Dora & families
p.s. Do not go with fear! Strength! Courage! God is with you! - Joshua 1:9
- Letters to the Editor
- Letter to Editor Thanks to RMHDear Editor,Several weeks ago I suffered the symptoms of a stroke while traveling. I called my family doctor’s office, to be sure someone could see me upon my arrival. Immediately I was advised to go to the nearest hospital emergency roo
- Letter to the Editor Thank youDear Editor,I would like to thank the Mays-Raleigh Fire Dept., Rush Memorial Hospital and ambulance service, St. Vincent Rehab Unit for their excellent service. Also I want to thank Rev. Gries, my wife who stayed at my side for 18 long days
Letters to the Editor
Thank youDear Editor,The family of Earl Reynolds would like to express their sincere appreciation for all the prayers, cards, flowers, donations, food and assistance. We thank you for all your kindness to help us through the very difficult time of lo
- Letter to Editor No excuses for Milroy crashesDear Editor,With consternation and disbelief, I read of yet another crash at the intersection of SR 3 and SR 244 at the west edge of Milroy.There could not be a more clear, seemingly safe, intersection anywhere in the wor
- Letter to the Editor Thank youDear Editor,The Bacon family would like to thank friends and family who gave flowers, thoughts and prayers during the passing of Bille last month. Don Bacon and his family appreciate all that was done during a great time of need. Thank you s
- Letter to the Editor Thank youDear Editor, We want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who attended the annual Rush County Community Foundation Day at Stagg’s Dairy Treats and Restaurant on Sunday, May 4. Without the continued support of the Rush County community
- Letters to the editor Thank you Dear Editor, We at Flatrock River Lodge would like to thank everyone for making the 2014 Area 9 Senior Games a great success. A special thanks to Amanda Capps, activities director; Vicki Williams, dietary manager; our staff; volunteers; May
- Letters to the editor Thank you Dear Editor, We would like to thank everyone for all their help and kindness during my husband and our father's illness and death. Especially, Flatrock River Lodge, Decatur County Hospice, the Arlington Church, Mosters and Darrell Cooper of
- Letter to the Editor Greetings and salutations Dear Editor, Throughout history, there have been many accepted and commonly used ways of referring to the two genders as a pair or group. Herewith are just a sampling of them, to-wit: • Men and Women--always safe, but rather
- Letter to the editor Dear Editor: The board, staff, and fundraising committee of the Rushville Public Library wish to thank the many wonderful people who helped make our recent fund-raising event, "Love Your Library Rendezvous", a great success. More than 35 individuals,
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines