Almost a year ago I began working with the clinical and management staff at Rush Memorial Hospital. The hospital needed to replace an aging piece of medical equipment used for mammography and decided to investigate their options. Terry Aker, the Radiology Manager, and his staff set off to investigate their equipment options.
In March, 2012, Terry Aker, Randy Fields, MD, Jennifer Cupp and Deb Jones-Browning met me at the Indianapolis airport at 5 a.m. to travel with me to Connecticut to participate in a demonstration of our equipment. They all were on the road by 3:30 a.m. to meet me for a 6 a.m. flight and didn’t return home until after midnight the same day. When you spend the better part of a 24 hour day with people you quickly get to know them. I came to see what a professional and dedicated group these people were.
Over the years I have had the privilege to visit and work with some of the nation’s top healthcare facilities. I cannot recall another institution like Rush Hospital. The town of Rushville is incredibly lucky to have a healthcare facility of this caliber with it’s dedicated staff and commitment to the community. From Brad Smith, the CEO, Karen Meyers, CFO and all the way down to their maintenance staff, everyone associated with this facility is on an important and quiet mission. That mission is to make every single patient that walks through the door count. The demonstrated level of fiduciary responsibility to the Rushville community is unparalleled.
Rush Memorial Hospital decided in July to purchase FujiFilm’s most advanced mammography unit. The new mammography suite build-out and equipment installation occurred in September. On Wednesday, Oct. 3 I was asked to participate in the dedication ceremony of the new mammography suite. I have never been witness to a hospital that had such a grassroots level of community support. The people that attended the event were from every walk of life. People from the Rushville area that have been touched by breast cancer attended to show their support. The event was a wonderful success.
For those people working in today’s healthcare provider field life isn’t too different than running with the bulls in Spain. With the ever-changing healthcare landscape the people of Rushville can be assured that their hospital will be there for them in the years to come. Every citizen of Rushville has reason to be proud of their hospital. Rush Memorial Hospital is the “Little Hospital that could - and does.” FujiFilm Medical Systems and myself are honored to be part of the Rushville community.
Robert Meier, MSW
FujiFilm Medical Systems
Account Executive-Mid South Zone
- Letters to the Editor
- Letter to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor, I would like to thank Monte Sitton and all others for a great job cleaning the streets of Manilla. I think Rush County and the state did a great job for what they had to deal with. Thanks again. Vicki Weitzel Manilla Letter to
- Letters to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor, We want to thank all who came to our 50th wedding anniversary and made it a perfect success. Love you all, Bill & Kay Beadle Thank you Dear Editor, R.U.S.H., Rushville United Santa Helpers, formally Toys for Tots, would like to
- Letter to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor, I wish to thank each one of you for your phone calls, visits, cards and gifts in honor of my Aunt Dorothy Crawley's 100th birthday. Each one of you brought great joy and happiness to her on her very special day. Following is he
- Letters to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor: From the family of Anna Laker, we would like to thank all our friends for the kind words, to Father Jeremy Gries for his fine services and kind words and a special thank you to Jim Todd for his leadership in our time of loss. A
- Letter to the Editor Dear Editor, The family of Pat Osting thank the Glenwood Fire Department EMT's and Rush Memorial Hospital Ambulance crews, the emergency room staff and Father Jeremy Gries for the mass and being there in her time of need. We thank Jim Todd for his le
- Thank you from the library staff Dear Editor, As we turn the page from 2013 to 2014, the trustees and staff of the Rushville Public Library wish to extend our appreciation to all who supported the library this past year in one fashion or another. Most prominent is the City of Rushvi
- Letter to the Editor Deer me, an amazing sight on Airport Road Dear Editor: A couple of days ago, Marilyn had to arise at 2:40 a.m. in order to be at her desk at the Richmond Kmart at 5 a.m. I happened to be awake at the time as she looked out one of our upstairs bedroom
- Letters to the Editor Thank you from Reality Store Dear Editor, MainSource Bank would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our Corporate Sponsors: MainSource Bank, Duke Energy, Beta Sigma Phi NuGamma Sorority, RushShelby Energy, Copeland, Intat, and Pizza King of
- Letters to the Editor A solution needs to be found Dear Editor, As a retired Deputy Sheriff with 35 years of experience in Rush County Law Enforcement. I now find myself a Seasoned Citizen of Rushville who must rely on the Rushville Police Department to deter crime and p
- Letter to the Editor Indy cop no longer "exemplary" Dear Editor: In reporting on the recent court case involving an Indianapolis police officer, an Indianapolis television reporter just announced that "Officer Bisard had been an exemplary officer for years." I would offe
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines