Letter to the Editor:
We want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who attended the annual Rush County Community Foundation day at Stagg’s Dairy Treats and Restaurant on Sunday, May 5. Without the continued support of the Rush County community and our supporters who live outside the county, we would not be in our 22nd year of meeting the philanthropic needs of Rush County.
We want to say a special thank you to Carol Stagg and Marsha Haley for once again holding this annual fund raiser which supports the entire operation of the Foundation. Thanks also to their employees for their help and cooperation in assisting with this event. We also want to thank them for the fundraisers they hold each year which provide support to the following scholarship funds:
Holli Spaeth Memorial Scholarship which is held on June 16th each year;
Michael J. Keith Memorial Scholarship which is held in March of each year;
Kyle Henderson Memorial Scholarship which is held in April of each year;
Ashley Spurlin Memorial Scholarship which is going to be held on July 7, 2013;
Danny E. and Barbara J. Gettinger Scholarship which is going to be held on July 14, 2013; and
Lora Brook Hatfield Memorial Scholarship which is going to be held on July 21, 2013.
Through their generosity, a total of over $30,000 has been generated for their annual support days for our scholarships and operations.
Also, we want to thank our board and committee members who worked the event by greeting customers, cleaning tables and trays, sweeping the floors and emptying the trash containers as needed.
Once again, thank you Rush County and we look forward to seeing you again at next year’s event!
From the staff of the Rush County Community Foundation,
Garry E. Cooley
Terry B. VanNatta
Assistant Executive Director and CFO
Letter to the Editor:
- Letters to the Editor
- Letter to the Editor Indy cop no longer "exemplary" Dear Editor: In reporting on the recent court case involving an Indianapolis police officer, an Indianapolis television reporter just announced that "Officer Bisard had been an exemplary officer for years." I would offe
- Letters to the Editor Local library systems still living in the past Dear Editor: I commenced to read with interest and high hopes the P-1 story in the Friday, Nov. 22, edition of the Rushville Republican headed, "Library expansion proposal heard." It didn't take long for
- Letters to the Editor Who knows everything? Nobody, that's who! Dear Editor: All the foofaraw currently going on in much of the world about "spying" is really a full load of nonsense. You could fertilize your garden with it. All countries spy on each other - always have a
- Letter to the Editor Beware those heathen Catholics! Dear Editor, I continue to be amazed that hidebound Republicans continue to defend, even admire, the actions of Sarah Palin, who continues to demonstrate her slim grasp on reality and seeming lack of ordinary intellige
- Letters to the editor Thank you Dear Editor: The family of Dick Reed wishes to thank everyone for the prayers, cards and visits for him during his illness and after his death. Special thanks to Ann and Dick Moster for the care and concern they showed in
- Letter to the Editor A refreshing moment Dear Editor: I had occasion to compliment a young waitress one day last week. She refilled my coffee cup and when I said, "Thank you," she actually replied "You're welcome." How nice to hear
- Rich Traditions Rich Traditions Rich Traditions Dear Editor: Thanksgiving is a time for so many to have great family, church, and community traditions, all rich in their own way, as well as provide many fond memories. That's the badge that Rushville holds for th
- Letter to the editor The value of what you are selling Dear Editor, Herschel used to be a mailman in Hagerstown, and he was also a painter on the side. About 40 years ago he approached me with his arm in a sling, and told me he had a ladder I could hav
- Discovery about diplomacy Children of the Republic are you awake? We are few in number and dwindling; our children will not even know that we were founded as a republic not a democratic nation soon although; I fear that this is the case already. I have so many times thought
- Affordable Care Act a giant boondoggle Affordable Care Act a giant boondoggle Dear Editor: Well, here it is Day Two of The Affordable Care Act and already I have changed from being for it to being against it! Why the sudden flip-flop, you ask? Since Marilyn and I both
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines