Letter to the Editor:
We want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who attended the annual Rush County Community Foundation day at Stagg’s Dairy Treats and Restaurant on Sunday, May 5. Without the continued support of the Rush County community and our supporters who live outside the county, we would not be in our 22nd year of meeting the philanthropic needs of Rush County.
We want to say a special thank you to Carol Stagg and Marsha Haley for once again holding this annual fund raiser which supports the entire operation of the Foundation. Thanks also to their employees for their help and cooperation in assisting with this event. We also want to thank them for the fundraisers they hold each year which provide support to the following scholarship funds:
Holli Spaeth Memorial Scholarship which is held on June 16th each year;
Michael J. Keith Memorial Scholarship which is held in March of each year;
Kyle Henderson Memorial Scholarship which is held in April of each year;
Ashley Spurlin Memorial Scholarship which is going to be held on July 7, 2013;
Danny E. and Barbara J. Gettinger Scholarship which is going to be held on July 14, 2013; and
Lora Brook Hatfield Memorial Scholarship which is going to be held on July 21, 2013.
Through their generosity, a total of over $30,000 has been generated for their annual support days for our scholarships and operations.
Also, we want to thank our board and committee members who worked the event by greeting customers, cleaning tables and trays, sweeping the floors and emptying the trash containers as needed.
Once again, thank you Rush County and we look forward to seeing you again at next year’s event!
From the staff of the Rush County Community Foundation,
Garry E. Cooley
Terry B. VanNatta
Assistant Executive Director and CFO
Letter to the Editor:
- Letters to the Editor
- Letter to the Editor Greetings and salutations Dear Editor, Throughout history, there have been many accepted and commonly used ways of referring to the two genders as a pair or group. Herewith are just a sampling of them, to-wit: • Men and Women--always safe, but rather
- Letter to the editor Dear Editor: The board, staff, and fundraising committee of the Rushville Public Library wish to thank the many wonderful people who helped make our recent fund-raising event, "Love Your Library Rendezvous", a great success. More than 35 individuals,
- Letters to the Editor Thanks to volunteer fire departments Dear Editor, We would like to take this opportunity to give a very special thank you to the Anderson Twp. Volunteer Fire Department and first responders, Clarksburg Volunteer Fire Dept. and Rushville Twp. Voluntee
- Letter to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor, I want to express my appreciation to all who cared for me at Rush Memorial Hospital and Miller's Merry Manor during my recent accident and recovery. A special thanks to the therapy department at Miller's for their patience and
- Letter to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor, I would like to thank Monte Sitton and all others for a great job cleaning the streets of Manilla. I think Rush County and the state did a great job for what they had to deal with. Thanks again. Vicki Weitzel Manilla Letter to
- Letters to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor, We want to thank all who came to our 50th wedding anniversary and made it a perfect success. Love you all, Bill & Kay Beadle Thank you Dear Editor, R.U.S.H., Rushville United Santa Helpers, formally Toys for Tots, would like to
- Letter to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor, I wish to thank each one of you for your phone calls, visits, cards and gifts in honor of my Aunt Dorothy Crawley's 100th birthday. Each one of you brought great joy and happiness to her on her very special day. Following is he
- Letters to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor: From the family of Anna Laker, we would like to thank all our friends for the kind words, to Father Jeremy Gries for his fine services and kind words and a special thank you to Jim Todd for his leadership in our time of loss. A
- Letter to the Editor Dear Editor, The family of Pat Osting thank the Glenwood Fire Department EMT's and Rush Memorial Hospital Ambulance crews, the emergency room staff and Father Jeremy Gries for the mass and being there in her time of need. We thank Jim Todd for his le
- Thank you from the library staff Dear Editor, As we turn the page from 2013 to 2014, the trustees and staff of the Rushville Public Library wish to extend our appreciation to all who supported the library this past year in one fashion or another. Most prominent is the City of Rushvi
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines