Letter to the Editor:
We want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who attended the annual Rush County Community Foundation day at Stagg’s Dairy Treats and Restaurant on Sunday, May 5. Without the continued support of the Rush County community and our supporters who live outside the county, we would not be in our 22nd year of meeting the philanthropic needs of Rush County.
We want to say a special thank you to Carol Stagg and Marsha Haley for once again holding this annual fund raiser which supports the entire operation of the Foundation. Thanks also to their employees for their help and cooperation in assisting with this event. We also want to thank them for the fundraisers they hold each year which provide support to the following scholarship funds:
Holli Spaeth Memorial Scholarship which is held on June 16th each year;
Michael J. Keith Memorial Scholarship which is held in March of each year;
Kyle Henderson Memorial Scholarship which is held in April of each year;
Ashley Spurlin Memorial Scholarship which is going to be held on July 7, 2013;
Danny E. and Barbara J. Gettinger Scholarship which is going to be held on July 14, 2013; and
Lora Brook Hatfield Memorial Scholarship which is going to be held on July 21, 2013.
Through their generosity, a total of over $30,000 has been generated for their annual support days for our scholarships and operations.
Also, we want to thank our board and committee members who worked the event by greeting customers, cleaning tables and trays, sweeping the floors and emptying the trash containers as needed.
Once again, thank you Rush County and we look forward to seeing you again at next year’s event!
From the staff of the Rush County Community Foundation,
Garry E. Cooley
Terry B. VanNatta
Assistant Executive Director and CFO
Letter to the Editor:
- Letters to the Editor
- Letter to the Editor Thank youDear Editor,My sister and I wish to offer our most sincere and grateful thanks to those family and friends who’s kindness and thoughtfulness donated to the Alzheimer’s Association and sent cards in honor and memory of our Mother: Sarah Lou M
- Letter to Editor Thanks to Staggs Dairy TreatsDear Editor,We want to take this opportunity to thank Stagg’s Dairy Treats for their ongoing support to the Rush County Community Foundation. Each year, the Stagg’s family and staff voluntarily dedicate 10% of their proce
- Letter to Editor Thanks to RMHDear Editor,Several weeks ago I suffered the symptoms of a stroke while traveling. I called my family doctor’s office, to be sure someone could see me upon my arrival. Immediately I was advised to go to the nearest hospital emergency roo
- Letter to the Editor Thank youDear Editor,I would like to thank the Mays-Raleigh Fire Dept., Rush Memorial Hospital and ambulance service, St. Vincent Rehab Unit for their excellent service. Also I want to thank Rev. Gries, my wife who stayed at my side for 18 long days
Letters to the Editor
Thank youDear Editor,The family of Earl Reynolds would like to express their sincere appreciation for all the prayers, cards, flowers, donations, food and assistance. We thank you for all your kindness to help us through the very difficult time of lo
- Letter to Editor No excuses for Milroy crashesDear Editor,With consternation and disbelief, I read of yet another crash at the intersection of SR 3 and SR 244 at the west edge of Milroy.There could not be a more clear, seemingly safe, intersection anywhere in the wor
- Letter to the Editor Thank youDear Editor,The Bacon family would like to thank friends and family who gave flowers, thoughts and prayers during the passing of Bille last month. Don Bacon and his family appreciate all that was done during a great time of need. Thank you s
- Letter to the Editor Thank youDear Editor, We want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who attended the annual Rush County Community Foundation Day at Stagg’s Dairy Treats and Restaurant on Sunday, May 4. Without the continued support of the Rush County community
- Letters to the editor Thank you Dear Editor, We at Flatrock River Lodge would like to thank everyone for making the 2014 Area 9 Senior Games a great success. A special thanks to Amanda Capps, activities director; Vicki Williams, dietary manager; our staff; volunteers; May
- Letters to the editor Thank you Dear Editor, We would like to thank everyone for all their help and kindness during my husband and our father's illness and death. Especially, Flatrock River Lodge, Decatur County Hospice, the Arlington Church, Mosters and Darrell Cooper of
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines