The family of Johnny R. Tompkins would like to express our deepest gratitude to Ann Moster and Moster Mortuary for their caring and loving support in the midst of our grief and graciously assisting us with arrangements of a wonderful celebration of life for Johnny.
We were humbly honored by the military service and flag ceremony provided by the Rush County Honor Guard and the Fireman’s Funeral Service provided by the Raleigh Mays Fire Department.
We greatly appreciate the Rush County Eagle Riders and Raleigh Mays firemen and fire truck awaiting our arrival at the cemetery entrance. We are grateful for the Raleigh Mays Volunteer fremen and for the fire truck that transported Johnny to the cemetery. Thank you so very much for giving of your time and services to honor Johnny.
We also want to thank the Rushville American Legion, Rushville Eagles and Ladies Auxiliary for providing such a delicious meal and a time for the family to fellowship. Also thanks to Kenny Walker for all his added assistance.
We have a grateful heart for everyone who provided food, memorials, encouragements and prayers during this time. It provided a great comfort. And a special thanks to Gary and Sharon (Tompkins) Evans for opening their home for the family to share, plan and grieve. Also a special thanks to Larry Tompkins, Mark Tompkins, Bill Thompkins, Mike Tompkins and Marshall Tompkins, for their added assistance.
Thank you Sheri Tompkins for the poem you wrote and read in memory of our Dad. We want to offer a special thanks to Knightstown Community Baptist Church for all their love and support of the family over the years and to their minister and our lifelong friend, Danny Shelton, for sharing memories of Johnny’s life and providing us with an encouraging message.
May God bless you greatly for everything!
The family of Johnny R. Tompkins and sons, Steve S. Tompkins and Johnns E. Tompkins
- Letters to the Editor
- Letter to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor, I would like to thank Monte Sitton and all others for a great job cleaning the streets of Manilla. I think Rush County and the state did a great job for what they had to deal with. Thanks again. Vicki Weitzel Manilla Letter to
- Letters to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor, We want to thank all who came to our 50th wedding anniversary and made it a perfect success. Love you all, Bill & Kay Beadle Thank you Dear Editor, R.U.S.H., Rushville United Santa Helpers, formally Toys for Tots, would like to
- Letter to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor, I wish to thank each one of you for your phone calls, visits, cards and gifts in honor of my Aunt Dorothy Crawley's 100th birthday. Each one of you brought great joy and happiness to her on her very special day. Following is he
- Letters to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor: From the family of Anna Laker, we would like to thank all our friends for the kind words, to Father Jeremy Gries for his fine services and kind words and a special thank you to Jim Todd for his leadership in our time of loss. A
- Letter to the Editor Dear Editor, The family of Pat Osting thank the Glenwood Fire Department EMT's and Rush Memorial Hospital Ambulance crews, the emergency room staff and Father Jeremy Gries for the mass and being there in her time of need. We thank Jim Todd for his le
- Thank you from the library staff Dear Editor, As we turn the page from 2013 to 2014, the trustees and staff of the Rushville Public Library wish to extend our appreciation to all who supported the library this past year in one fashion or another. Most prominent is the City of Rushvi
- Letter to the Editor Deer me, an amazing sight on Airport Road Dear Editor: A couple of days ago, Marilyn had to arise at 2:40 a.m. in order to be at her desk at the Richmond Kmart at 5 a.m. I happened to be awake at the time as she looked out one of our upstairs bedroom
- Letters to the Editor Thank you from Reality Store Dear Editor, MainSource Bank would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our Corporate Sponsors: MainSource Bank, Duke Energy, Beta Sigma Phi NuGamma Sorority, RushShelby Energy, Copeland, Intat, and Pizza King of
- Letters to the Editor A solution needs to be found Dear Editor, As a retired Deputy Sheriff with 35 years of experience in Rush County Law Enforcement. I now find myself a Seasoned Citizen of Rushville who must rely on the Rushville Police Department to deter crime and p
- Letter to the Editor Indy cop no longer "exemplary" Dear Editor: In reporting on the recent court case involving an Indianapolis police officer, an Indianapolis television reporter just announced that "Officer Bisard had been an exemplary officer for years." I would offe
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines