The family of Johnny R. Tompkins would like to express our deepest gratitude to Ann Moster and Moster Mortuary for their caring and loving support in the midst of our grief and graciously assisting us with arrangements of a wonderful celebration of life for Johnny.
We were humbly honored by the military service and flag ceremony provided by the Rush County Honor Guard and the Fireman’s Funeral Service provided by the Raleigh Mays Fire Department.
We greatly appreciate the Rush County Eagle Riders and Raleigh Mays firemen and fire truck awaiting our arrival at the cemetery entrance. We are grateful for the Raleigh Mays Volunteer fremen and for the fire truck that transported Johnny to the cemetery. Thank you so very much for giving of your time and services to honor Johnny.
We also want to thank the Rushville American Legion, Rushville Eagles and Ladies Auxiliary for providing such a delicious meal and a time for the family to fellowship. Also thanks to Kenny Walker for all his added assistance.
We have a grateful heart for everyone who provided food, memorials, encouragements and prayers during this time. It provided a great comfort. And a special thanks to Gary and Sharon (Tompkins) Evans for opening their home for the family to share, plan and grieve. Also a special thanks to Larry Tompkins, Mark Tompkins, Bill Thompkins, Mike Tompkins and Marshall Tompkins, for their added assistance.
Thank you Sheri Tompkins for the poem you wrote and read in memory of our Dad. We want to offer a special thanks to Knightstown Community Baptist Church for all their love and support of the family over the years and to their minister and our lifelong friend, Danny Shelton, for sharing memories of Johnny’s life and providing us with an encouraging message.
May God bless you greatly for everything!
The family of Johnny R. Tompkins and sons, Steve S. Tompkins and Johnns E. Tompkins
- Letters to the Editor
- Letter to the Editor Indy cop no longer "exemplary" Dear Editor: In reporting on the recent court case involving an Indianapolis police officer, an Indianapolis television reporter just announced that "Officer Bisard had been an exemplary officer for years." I would offe
- Letters to the Editor Local library systems still living in the past Dear Editor: I commenced to read with interest and high hopes the P-1 story in the Friday, Nov. 22, edition of the Rushville Republican headed, "Library expansion proposal heard." It didn't take long for
- Letters to the Editor Who knows everything? Nobody, that's who! Dear Editor: All the foofaraw currently going on in much of the world about "spying" is really a full load of nonsense. You could fertilize your garden with it. All countries spy on each other - always have a
- Letter to the Editor Beware those heathen Catholics! Dear Editor, I continue to be amazed that hidebound Republicans continue to defend, even admire, the actions of Sarah Palin, who continues to demonstrate her slim grasp on reality and seeming lack of ordinary intellige
- Letters to the editor Thank you Dear Editor: The family of Dick Reed wishes to thank everyone for the prayers, cards and visits for him during his illness and after his death. Special thanks to Ann and Dick Moster for the care and concern they showed in
- Letter to the Editor A refreshing moment Dear Editor: I had occasion to compliment a young waitress one day last week. She refilled my coffee cup and when I said, "Thank you," she actually replied "You're welcome." How nice to hear
- Rich Traditions Rich Traditions Rich Traditions Dear Editor: Thanksgiving is a time for so many to have great family, church, and community traditions, all rich in their own way, as well as provide many fond memories. That's the badge that Rushville holds for th
- Letter to the editor The value of what you are selling Dear Editor, Herschel used to be a mailman in Hagerstown, and he was also a painter on the side. About 40 years ago he approached me with his arm in a sling, and told me he had a ladder I could hav
- Discovery about diplomacy Children of the Republic are you awake? We are few in number and dwindling; our children will not even know that we were founded as a republic not a democratic nation soon although; I fear that this is the case already. I have so many times thought
- Affordable Care Act a giant boondoggle Affordable Care Act a giant boondoggle Dear Editor: Well, here it is Day Two of The Affordable Care Act and already I have changed from being for it to being against it! Why the sudden flip-flop, you ask? Since Marilyn and I both
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines