Recently I had knee replacement surgery. After spending three days in the hospital, I went to Millers Merry Manor in Rushville for eight days for physical therapy. I didn't like the reason for which I had to be there, but I am glad now for the experience I had.
My eyes were opened on how a terrific nursing home and rehab department operates. The attention from all the nurses was terrific. They were right there every time I had to hit the light for help or I had questions.
Millers Merry Manor is decorated in a manor that makes one feel more comfortable and not feel like you are in an institution or a hospital. My room was clean and decorated nicely. It was very comfortable to be in. When I did my three or four times a day walk around the manor all of the staff said, "Hello" and "How are you?" Everyone smiles. It was great to see how all the nurses talked to and treated all the patients in the nursing home. They had so much compassion for everyone.
Best of all were the therapists. They were GREAT! All of them were there to help you and keep up your spirits. It was very hard at first, but they keep encouraging me and helping terrifically to get better able to get around and use my left leg. I would gladly recommend Millers Merry Manor for anyone who needs therapy as a great place to stay.
- Letters to the Editor
- Letter to Editor Thanks to RMHDear Editor,Several weeks ago I suffered the symptoms of a stroke while traveling. I called my family doctor’s office, to be sure someone could see me upon my arrival. Immediately I was advised to go to the nearest hospital emergency roo
- Letter to the Editor Thank youDear Editor,I would like to thank the Mays-Raleigh Fire Dept., Rush Memorial Hospital and ambulance service, St. Vincent Rehab Unit for their excellent service. Also I want to thank Rev. Gries, my wife who stayed at my side for 18 long days
Letters to the Editor
Thank youDear Editor,The family of Earl Reynolds would like to express their sincere appreciation for all the prayers, cards, flowers, donations, food and assistance. We thank you for all your kindness to help us through the very difficult time of lo
- Letter to Editor No excuses for Milroy crashesDear Editor,With consternation and disbelief, I read of yet another crash at the intersection of SR 3 and SR 244 at the west edge of Milroy.There could not be a more clear, seemingly safe, intersection anywhere in the wor
- Letter to the Editor Thank youDear Editor,The Bacon family would like to thank friends and family who gave flowers, thoughts and prayers during the passing of Bille last month. Don Bacon and his family appreciate all that was done during a great time of need. Thank you s
- Letter to the Editor Thank youDear Editor, We want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who attended the annual Rush County Community Foundation Day at Stagg’s Dairy Treats and Restaurant on Sunday, May 4. Without the continued support of the Rush County community
- Letters to the editor Thank you Dear Editor, We at Flatrock River Lodge would like to thank everyone for making the 2014 Area 9 Senior Games a great success. A special thanks to Amanda Capps, activities director; Vicki Williams, dietary manager; our staff; volunteers; May
- Letters to the editor Thank you Dear Editor, We would like to thank everyone for all their help and kindness during my husband and our father's illness and death. Especially, Flatrock River Lodge, Decatur County Hospice, the Arlington Church, Mosters and Darrell Cooper of
- Letter to the Editor Greetings and salutations Dear Editor, Throughout history, there have been many accepted and commonly used ways of referring to the two genders as a pair or group. Herewith are just a sampling of them, to-wit: • Men and Women--always safe, but rather
- Letter to the editor Dear Editor: The board, staff, and fundraising committee of the Rushville Public Library wish to thank the many wonderful people who helped make our recent fund-raising event, "Love Your Library Rendezvous", a great success. More than 35 individuals,
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines