Recently I had knee replacement surgery. After spending three days in the hospital, I went to Millers Merry Manor in Rushville for eight days for physical therapy. I didn't like the reason for which I had to be there, but I am glad now for the experience I had.
My eyes were opened on how a terrific nursing home and rehab department operates. The attention from all the nurses was terrific. They were right there every time I had to hit the light for help or I had questions.
Millers Merry Manor is decorated in a manor that makes one feel more comfortable and not feel like you are in an institution or a hospital. My room was clean and decorated nicely. It was very comfortable to be in. When I did my three or four times a day walk around the manor all of the staff said, "Hello" and "How are you?" Everyone smiles. It was great to see how all the nurses talked to and treated all the patients in the nursing home. They had so much compassion for everyone.
Best of all were the therapists. They were GREAT! All of them were there to help you and keep up your spirits. It was very hard at first, but they keep encouraging me and helping terrifically to get better able to get around and use my left leg. I would gladly recommend Millers Merry Manor for anyone who needs therapy as a great place to stay.
- Letters to the Editor
- Letter to the Editor Greetings and salutations Dear Editor, Throughout history, there have been many accepted and commonly used ways of referring to the two genders as a pair or group. Herewith are just a sampling of them, to-wit: • Men and Women--always safe, but rather
- Letter to the editor Dear Editor: The board, staff, and fundraising committee of the Rushville Public Library wish to thank the many wonderful people who helped make our recent fund-raising event, "Love Your Library Rendezvous", a great success. More than 35 individuals,
- Letters to the Editor Thanks to volunteer fire departments Dear Editor, We would like to take this opportunity to give a very special thank you to the Anderson Twp. Volunteer Fire Department and first responders, Clarksburg Volunteer Fire Dept. and Rushville Twp. Voluntee
- Letter to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor, I want to express my appreciation to all who cared for me at Rush Memorial Hospital and Miller's Merry Manor during my recent accident and recovery. A special thanks to the therapy department at Miller's for their patience and
- Letter to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor, I would like to thank Monte Sitton and all others for a great job cleaning the streets of Manilla. I think Rush County and the state did a great job for what they had to deal with. Thanks again. Vicki Weitzel Manilla Letter to
- Letters to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor, We want to thank all who came to our 50th wedding anniversary and made it a perfect success. Love you all, Bill & Kay Beadle Thank you Dear Editor, R.U.S.H., Rushville United Santa Helpers, formally Toys for Tots, would like to
- Letter to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor, I wish to thank each one of you for your phone calls, visits, cards and gifts in honor of my Aunt Dorothy Crawley's 100th birthday. Each one of you brought great joy and happiness to her on her very special day. Following is he
- Letters to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor: From the family of Anna Laker, we would like to thank all our friends for the kind words, to Father Jeremy Gries for his fine services and kind words and a special thank you to Jim Todd for his leadership in our time of loss. A
- Letter to the Editor Dear Editor, The family of Pat Osting thank the Glenwood Fire Department EMT's and Rush Memorial Hospital Ambulance crews, the emergency room staff and Father Jeremy Gries for the mass and being there in her time of need. We thank Jim Todd for his le
- Thank you from the library staff Dear Editor, As we turn the page from 2013 to 2014, the trustees and staff of the Rushville Public Library wish to extend our appreciation to all who supported the library this past year in one fashion or another. Most prominent is the City of Rushvi
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines