On Feb. 25, 2013, we lost our dear brother, Rick Chester Dungan. On April 7, 2013, we lost our precious mother, Juanita Dungan. On May 23, 2013, we lost our beloved brother and father, Timothy Allen Dungan.
Words cannot truly express our heartfelt and deep appreciation for the outpouring of love, kindness, prayers, flowers, food, gifts, cards, telephone messages and support from our family, neighbors, friends and business organization in the Dublin, Cambridge City and Rushville area and beyond.
First of all, we give praise and thanks to God for His sustaining love, comfort and grace during the most difficult and heartbreaking time of our lives.
To the Marshall & Erlewein Funeral Home in Dublin, to Chris Erlewein and his wonderful staff who made this time of deep sorrow and grief easier for us to endure. Chris went beyond his professional duties and opened his arms of love and emotional support for the family each time our need came. He and his staff have been a God-given blessing.
We thank the Ambassador Health Care Center in Centerville and the Flatrock River Lodge in Rushville for the many years of precious care of Rick Dungan, and for the four months of loving care of Juanita Dungan.
We also extend our warm thanks to Gospel Mission Church in Dublin for the use of their church for Juanita Dungan’s funeral. Also to those who provided the music at the funeral.
To the Rev. Daryl Bertram and family for their prayerful and loving support and messages of comfort and hope, we love you!
We also say a big thank you to Ben Davis Creek Christian Church and minister Howard Bullard for the uplifting prayers and enduring comfort, visits to the funeral home and church, and for coming into our lives to share scripture with us.
To the Dayton Ohio National Cemetery, the Chaplain, Honor Guard, pall bearers and anyone else who assisted us for the funeral of Tim Dungan, we say thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
What we have experienced in the past three months has been overwhelming, but it proves once again that God never fails even in the midst of grief and sorrow.
God bless all and everyone for everything you have done to assist us in any way. Thank you for sharing and caring for us. It has made our burdens easier to bear. You will never be forgotten.
David, Penny and Jonathan Lanning
Douglas Darrell Dungan and family
Linda Wright and family
Daughter and son-in law of Tim Dungan, Scott and Angala Russo; grandchildren, Alexis DeHart, Steven R. DeHart, Jeremy DeHart, Danielle Faye Russo, Mallory Claire Russo and Matthew Joseph Russo.
- Letters to the Editor
- Letter to the Editor Thank youDear Editor,I would like to thank the Mays-Raleigh Fire Dept., Rush Memorial Hospital and ambulance service, St. Vincent Rehab Unit for their excellent service. Also I want to thank Rev. Gries, my wife who stayed at my side for 18 long days
Letters to the Editor
Thank youDear Editor,The family of Earl Reynolds would like to express their sincere appreciation for all the prayers, cards, flowers, donations, food and assistance. We thank you for all your kindness to help us through the very difficult time of lo
- Letter to Editor No excuses for Milroy crashesDear Editor,With consternation and disbelief, I read of yet another crash at the intersection of SR 3 and SR 244 at the west edge of Milroy.There could not be a more clear, seemingly safe, intersection anywhere in the wor
- Letter to the Editor Thank youDear Editor,The Bacon family would like to thank friends and family who gave flowers, thoughts and prayers during the passing of Bille last month. Don Bacon and his family appreciate all that was done during a great time of need. Thank you s
- Letter to the Editor Thank youDear Editor, We want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who attended the annual Rush County Community Foundation Day at Stagg’s Dairy Treats and Restaurant on Sunday, May 4. Without the continued support of the Rush County community
- Letters to the editor Thank you Dear Editor, We at Flatrock River Lodge would like to thank everyone for making the 2014 Area 9 Senior Games a great success. A special thanks to Amanda Capps, activities director; Vicki Williams, dietary manager; our staff; volunteers; May
- Letters to the editor Thank you Dear Editor, We would like to thank everyone for all their help and kindness during my husband and our father's illness and death. Especially, Flatrock River Lodge, Decatur County Hospice, the Arlington Church, Mosters and Darrell Cooper of
- Letter to the Editor Greetings and salutations Dear Editor, Throughout history, there have been many accepted and commonly used ways of referring to the two genders as a pair or group. Herewith are just a sampling of them, to-wit: • Men and Women--always safe, but rather
- Letter to the editor Dear Editor: The board, staff, and fundraising committee of the Rushville Public Library wish to thank the many wonderful people who helped make our recent fund-raising event, "Love Your Library Rendezvous", a great success. More than 35 individuals,
- Letters to the Editor Thanks to volunteer fire departments Dear Editor, We would like to take this opportunity to give a very special thank you to the Anderson Twp. Volunteer Fire Department and first responders, Clarksburg Volunteer Fire Dept. and Rushville Twp. Voluntee
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines