On Feb. 25, 2013, we lost our dear brother, Rick Chester Dungan. On April 7, 2013, we lost our precious mother, Juanita Dungan. On May 23, 2013, we lost our beloved brother and father, Timothy Allen Dungan.
Words cannot truly express our heartfelt and deep appreciation for the outpouring of love, kindness, prayers, flowers, food, gifts, cards, telephone messages and support from our family, neighbors, friends and business organization in the Dublin, Cambridge City and Rushville area and beyond.
First of all, we give praise and thanks to God for His sustaining love, comfort and grace during the most difficult and heartbreaking time of our lives.
To the Marshall & Erlewein Funeral Home in Dublin, to Chris Erlewein and his wonderful staff who made this time of deep sorrow and grief easier for us to endure. Chris went beyond his professional duties and opened his arms of love and emotional support for the family each time our need came. He and his staff have been a God-given blessing.
We thank the Ambassador Health Care Center in Centerville and the Flatrock River Lodge in Rushville for the many years of precious care of Rick Dungan, and for the four months of loving care of Juanita Dungan.
We also extend our warm thanks to Gospel Mission Church in Dublin for the use of their church for Juanita Dungan’s funeral. Also to those who provided the music at the funeral.
To the Rev. Daryl Bertram and family for their prayerful and loving support and messages of comfort and hope, we love you!
We also say a big thank you to Ben Davis Creek Christian Church and minister Howard Bullard for the uplifting prayers and enduring comfort, visits to the funeral home and church, and for coming into our lives to share scripture with us.
To the Dayton Ohio National Cemetery, the Chaplain, Honor Guard, pall bearers and anyone else who assisted us for the funeral of Tim Dungan, we say thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
What we have experienced in the past three months has been overwhelming, but it proves once again that God never fails even in the midst of grief and sorrow.
God bless all and everyone for everything you have done to assist us in any way. Thank you for sharing and caring for us. It has made our burdens easier to bear. You will never be forgotten.
David, Penny and Jonathan Lanning
Douglas Darrell Dungan and family
Linda Wright and family
Daughter and son-in law of Tim Dungan, Scott and Angala Russo; grandchildren, Alexis DeHart, Steven R. DeHart, Jeremy DeHart, Danielle Faye Russo, Mallory Claire Russo and Matthew Joseph Russo.
- Letters to the Editor
- Letter to the Editor Indy cop no longer "exemplary" Dear Editor: In reporting on the recent court case involving an Indianapolis police officer, an Indianapolis television reporter just announced that "Officer Bisard had been an exemplary officer for years." I would offe
- Letters to the Editor Local library systems still living in the past Dear Editor: I commenced to read with interest and high hopes the P-1 story in the Friday, Nov. 22, edition of the Rushville Republican headed, "Library expansion proposal heard." It didn't take long for
- Letters to the Editor Who knows everything? Nobody, that's who! Dear Editor: All the foofaraw currently going on in much of the world about "spying" is really a full load of nonsense. You could fertilize your garden with it. All countries spy on each other - always have a
- Letter to the Editor Beware those heathen Catholics! Dear Editor, I continue to be amazed that hidebound Republicans continue to defend, even admire, the actions of Sarah Palin, who continues to demonstrate her slim grasp on reality and seeming lack of ordinary intellige
- Letters to the editor Thank you Dear Editor: The family of Dick Reed wishes to thank everyone for the prayers, cards and visits for him during his illness and after his death. Special thanks to Ann and Dick Moster for the care and concern they showed in
- Letter to the Editor A refreshing moment Dear Editor: I had occasion to compliment a young waitress one day last week. She refilled my coffee cup and when I said, "Thank you," she actually replied "You're welcome." How nice to hear
- Rich Traditions Rich Traditions Rich Traditions Dear Editor: Thanksgiving is a time for so many to have great family, church, and community traditions, all rich in their own way, as well as provide many fond memories. That's the badge that Rushville holds for th
- Letter to the editor The value of what you are selling Dear Editor, Herschel used to be a mailman in Hagerstown, and he was also a painter on the side. About 40 years ago he approached me with his arm in a sling, and told me he had a ladder I could hav
- Discovery about diplomacy Children of the Republic are you awake? We are few in number and dwindling; our children will not even know that we were founded as a republic not a democratic nation soon although; I fear that this is the case already. I have so many times thought
- Affordable Care Act a giant boondoggle Affordable Care Act a giant boondoggle Dear Editor: Well, here it is Day Two of The Affordable Care Act and already I have changed from being for it to being against it! Why the sudden flip-flop, you ask? Since Marilyn and I both
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines