On Feb. 25, 2013, we lost our dear brother, Rick Chester Dungan. On April 7, 2013, we lost our precious mother, Juanita Dungan. On May 23, 2013, we lost our beloved brother and father, Timothy Allen Dungan.
Words cannot truly express our heartfelt and deep appreciation for the outpouring of love, kindness, prayers, flowers, food, gifts, cards, telephone messages and support from our family, neighbors, friends and business organization in the Dublin, Cambridge City and Rushville area and beyond.
First of all, we give praise and thanks to God for His sustaining love, comfort and grace during the most difficult and heartbreaking time of our lives.
To the Marshall & Erlewein Funeral Home in Dublin, to Chris Erlewein and his wonderful staff who made this time of deep sorrow and grief easier for us to endure. Chris went beyond his professional duties and opened his arms of love and emotional support for the family each time our need came. He and his staff have been a God-given blessing.
We thank the Ambassador Health Care Center in Centerville and the Flatrock River Lodge in Rushville for the many years of precious care of Rick Dungan, and for the four months of loving care of Juanita Dungan.
We also extend our warm thanks to Gospel Mission Church in Dublin for the use of their church for Juanita Dungan’s funeral. Also to those who provided the music at the funeral.
To the Rev. Daryl Bertram and family for their prayerful and loving support and messages of comfort and hope, we love you!
We also say a big thank you to Ben Davis Creek Christian Church and minister Howard Bullard for the uplifting prayers and enduring comfort, visits to the funeral home and church, and for coming into our lives to share scripture with us.
To the Dayton Ohio National Cemetery, the Chaplain, Honor Guard, pall bearers and anyone else who assisted us for the funeral of Tim Dungan, we say thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
What we have experienced in the past three months has been overwhelming, but it proves once again that God never fails even in the midst of grief and sorrow.
God bless all and everyone for everything you have done to assist us in any way. Thank you for sharing and caring for us. It has made our burdens easier to bear. You will never be forgotten.
David, Penny and Jonathan Lanning
Douglas Darrell Dungan and family
Linda Wright and family
Daughter and son-in law of Tim Dungan, Scott and Angala Russo; grandchildren, Alexis DeHart, Steven R. DeHart, Jeremy DeHart, Danielle Faye Russo, Mallory Claire Russo and Matthew Joseph Russo.
- Letters to the Editor
- Letter to the Editor Greetings and salutations Dear Editor, Throughout history, there have been many accepted and commonly used ways of referring to the two genders as a pair or group. Herewith are just a sampling of them, to-wit: • Men and Women--always safe, but rather
- Letter to the editor Dear Editor: The board, staff, and fundraising committee of the Rushville Public Library wish to thank the many wonderful people who helped make our recent fund-raising event, "Love Your Library Rendezvous", a great success. More than 35 individuals,
- Letters to the Editor Thanks to volunteer fire departments Dear Editor, We would like to take this opportunity to give a very special thank you to the Anderson Twp. Volunteer Fire Department and first responders, Clarksburg Volunteer Fire Dept. and Rushville Twp. Voluntee
- Letter to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor, I want to express my appreciation to all who cared for me at Rush Memorial Hospital and Miller's Merry Manor during my recent accident and recovery. A special thanks to the therapy department at Miller's for their patience and
- Letter to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor, I would like to thank Monte Sitton and all others for a great job cleaning the streets of Manilla. I think Rush County and the state did a great job for what they had to deal with. Thanks again. Vicki Weitzel Manilla Letter to
- Letters to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor, We want to thank all who came to our 50th wedding anniversary and made it a perfect success. Love you all, Bill & Kay Beadle Thank you Dear Editor, R.U.S.H., Rushville United Santa Helpers, formally Toys for Tots, would like to
- Letter to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor, I wish to thank each one of you for your phone calls, visits, cards and gifts in honor of my Aunt Dorothy Crawley's 100th birthday. Each one of you brought great joy and happiness to her on her very special day. Following is he
- Letters to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor: From the family of Anna Laker, we would like to thank all our friends for the kind words, to Father Jeremy Gries for his fine services and kind words and a special thank you to Jim Todd for his leadership in our time of loss. A
- Letter to the Editor Dear Editor, The family of Pat Osting thank the Glenwood Fire Department EMT's and Rush Memorial Hospital Ambulance crews, the emergency room staff and Father Jeremy Gries for the mass and being there in her time of need. We thank Jim Todd for his le
- Thank you from the library staff Dear Editor, As we turn the page from 2013 to 2014, the trustees and staff of the Rushville Public Library wish to extend our appreciation to all who supported the library this past year in one fashion or another. Most prominent is the City of Rushvi
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines