I was stimulated by the letter and the column in the October 30 addition which questioned Romney’s qualifications for President of the United States. First let me say I respect anyone who is willing to put their thoughts in print. I have to admit I had considered voting for Mr. Romney prior to reading the letters, but what was I thinking? So what if he was a pastor and missionary? He could have been doing something more interesting like golfing or hanging out with the guys. What kind of a prudent person gives away 4 million dollars to charity in one year? He could have bought a sail boat or something fun with that money, but he gave it away just because he cares about people. What was he thinking? As for his business skills, with his resume he can get a job anywhere. With the job shortage we have, let’s give the President Job to someone who needs a job and would not other wise produce anything.
As far as Romney’s claim of experience running a state and putting the Olympics back in the black, no on said you have to be experienced to run a country. Look at the results we’ve had the last 4 years. We obviously don’t need to apply business theory to running our country; we are getting along just fine. Our grandkids can pay off the national debt; we deserve all we can get free from our government. After all, 17 trillion is not a big deal. Did my math teacher tell me once that was 17 thousand billion? So what! The Chinese have plenty of money to lend us. Pay off the national debt? What are we thinking?
Some are supporting Romney because of his moral values. He gets all hung up on things like traditional marriage and the widespread abortion of innocent babies. Hey, what about funding for Big Bird on PBS? What was he thinking? As for the other moral issues in our culture, if my grandkids don’t want to watch decadence and perversion on TV they can read a book. Ok, I know the Roman Empire failed because of this stuff but we are smarter, right?
In reference to the comments about Romney and his ability to command our military. What about that silly remark Romney made about a stronger military so we could be free and also promote freedom around the world. All we have to do is apologize to everyone we have helped and they will all love us and never harm us. What was he thinking?
The main thing I’m thinking right now is that we ought to vote in a manner that is selfless and consistent with the principles many of us say we have. Most of those principles are in that book I like to read at Church every Sunday, principles that have worked for a long time in this place we call America. In God we trust or, at least we used to.
- Letters to the Editor
- Letter to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor, I would like to thank Monte Sitton and all others for a great job cleaning the streets of Manilla. I think Rush County and the state did a great job for what they had to deal with. Thanks again. Vicki Weitzel Manilla Letter to
- Letters to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor, We want to thank all who came to our 50th wedding anniversary and made it a perfect success. Love you all, Bill & Kay Beadle Thank you Dear Editor, R.U.S.H., Rushville United Santa Helpers, formally Toys for Tots, would like to
- Letter to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor, I wish to thank each one of you for your phone calls, visits, cards and gifts in honor of my Aunt Dorothy Crawley's 100th birthday. Each one of you brought great joy and happiness to her on her very special day. Following is he
- Letters to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor: From the family of Anna Laker, we would like to thank all our friends for the kind words, to Father Jeremy Gries for his fine services and kind words and a special thank you to Jim Todd for his leadership in our time of loss. A
- Letter to the Editor Dear Editor, The family of Pat Osting thank the Glenwood Fire Department EMT's and Rush Memorial Hospital Ambulance crews, the emergency room staff and Father Jeremy Gries for the mass and being there in her time of need. We thank Jim Todd for his le
- Thank you from the library staff Dear Editor, As we turn the page from 2013 to 2014, the trustees and staff of the Rushville Public Library wish to extend our appreciation to all who supported the library this past year in one fashion or another. Most prominent is the City of Rushvi
- Letter to the Editor Deer me, an amazing sight on Airport Road Dear Editor: A couple of days ago, Marilyn had to arise at 2:40 a.m. in order to be at her desk at the Richmond Kmart at 5 a.m. I happened to be awake at the time as she looked out one of our upstairs bedroom
- Letters to the Editor Thank you from Reality Store Dear Editor, MainSource Bank would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our Corporate Sponsors: MainSource Bank, Duke Energy, Beta Sigma Phi NuGamma Sorority, RushShelby Energy, Copeland, Intat, and Pizza King of
- Letters to the Editor A solution needs to be found Dear Editor, As a retired Deputy Sheriff with 35 years of experience in Rush County Law Enforcement. I now find myself a Seasoned Citizen of Rushville who must rely on the Rushville Police Department to deter crime and p
- Letter to the Editor Indy cop no longer "exemplary" Dear Editor: In reporting on the recent court case involving an Indianapolis police officer, an Indianapolis television reporter just announced that "Officer Bisard had been an exemplary officer for years." I would offe
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines