My son Josh goes to Milroy Elementary. He is my special boy who is autistic. He is also the Salvation Army’s bell ringer with a big heart.
I wanted to share one of my recent experiences in the Milroy community. We don’t often see or hear positive things about kids so it’s important to me that I share this.
The following is my Facebook post from March 30:
Had an amazing experience today. The kids and I had our day planned out. We were going to see baby Landon and his proud mommy and daddy at the hospital. Next, we stopped at CVS to pick up last minute Easter goodies. We stayed a little too long. Our last stop was at Milroy Methodist Church Easter egg hunt. It was 11:25 and we had 35 minutes to make a 45-50 minute trip. I couldn’t screw this up because Josh had been talking about the big hunt for a week. I broke sound barriers getting us there. We got there at 12:03. As Josh and Sis walked toward the hunting grounds, kids were passing us saying, “There aren’t anymore eggs.” The look on his face broke my heart. “We tried so hard mom, and its too late.” I was trying to console him the best I could. The next thing I knew, we were surrounded by kids. Kids were walking back to us. They were taking eggs from their baskets and bags to fill my babies baskets. I broke down in tears. These children were saying, “Here Josh, I got too many, have these..” For a solid hour children were approaching Josh to give him eggs and a smile. The kindness of these kids to my kids filled my day with unexpected happiness. Thank you, Milroy residents, schoolmates, staff and Milroy Methodist Church for giving us a blessed experience.
Basically I want to thank all these people for being so incredible. Our community has so much good in it and I hate to see the bad overshadow it.
- Letters to the Editor
- Letter to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor, I would like to thank Monte Sitton and all others for a great job cleaning the streets of Manilla. I think Rush County and the state did a great job for what they had to deal with. Thanks again. Vicki Weitzel Manilla Letter to
- Letters to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor, We want to thank all who came to our 50th wedding anniversary and made it a perfect success. Love you all, Bill & Kay Beadle Thank you Dear Editor, R.U.S.H., Rushville United Santa Helpers, formally Toys for Tots, would like to
- Letter to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor, I wish to thank each one of you for your phone calls, visits, cards and gifts in honor of my Aunt Dorothy Crawley's 100th birthday. Each one of you brought great joy and happiness to her on her very special day. Following is he
- Letters to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor: From the family of Anna Laker, we would like to thank all our friends for the kind words, to Father Jeremy Gries for his fine services and kind words and a special thank you to Jim Todd for his leadership in our time of loss. A
- Letter to the Editor Dear Editor, The family of Pat Osting thank the Glenwood Fire Department EMT's and Rush Memorial Hospital Ambulance crews, the emergency room staff and Father Jeremy Gries for the mass and being there in her time of need. We thank Jim Todd for his le
- Thank you from the library staff Dear Editor, As we turn the page from 2013 to 2014, the trustees and staff of the Rushville Public Library wish to extend our appreciation to all who supported the library this past year in one fashion or another. Most prominent is the City of Rushvi
- Letter to the Editor Deer me, an amazing sight on Airport Road Dear Editor: A couple of days ago, Marilyn had to arise at 2:40 a.m. in order to be at her desk at the Richmond Kmart at 5 a.m. I happened to be awake at the time as she looked out one of our upstairs bedroom
- Letters to the Editor Thank you from Reality Store Dear Editor, MainSource Bank would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our Corporate Sponsors: MainSource Bank, Duke Energy, Beta Sigma Phi NuGamma Sorority, RushShelby Energy, Copeland, Intat, and Pizza King of
- Letters to the Editor A solution needs to be found Dear Editor, As a retired Deputy Sheriff with 35 years of experience in Rush County Law Enforcement. I now find myself a Seasoned Citizen of Rushville who must rely on the Rushville Police Department to deter crime and p
- Letter to the Editor Indy cop no longer "exemplary" Dear Editor: In reporting on the recent court case involving an Indianapolis police officer, an Indianapolis television reporter just announced that "Officer Bisard had been an exemplary officer for years." I would offe
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines