The Morrell family would like to thank all the people who sent cards, flowers, and donations in memory of our mother, Elizabeth Morrell, who recently passed away. She was 93 years old and lived a full and rich life. She was a pillar of support for her late husband George H. Morrell, my brother and I, as well as our wives and children. We will truly miss her, but it was her time and none of us will live forever.
While only a member of St. Paul’s Methodist Church for six months or so, the love and support the members of that church gave my mother was unbelievable.
My mother just loved you, Jan, and you helped so much to ease her mental discomfort in the last several weeks. Mom was failing mentally and physically despite successful surgeries. She knew her memory was failing and would often ask me what was wrong with her head. You did make a difference.
Special thanks to Lori Hill, who gave me invaluable advice and assistance on that fateful night when my mother broke her leg. Not enough can be said for the nurses and staff at Rush Memorial Hospital who went over and above what is required to keep someone comfortable. Carrie Tressler and Janie Manning just made things happen and would work around those inconvenient “issues” that manage to come up when things don’t quite go as planned. Lastly, we would like to thank Bill Keaton for the legal, moral, and ethical advice he gave us in the management of mother’s care.
Douglas Morrell, M.D.
- Letters to the Editor
- Letters to the Editor A solution needs to be found Dear Editor, As a retired Deputy Sheriff with 35 years of experience in Rush County Law Enforcement. I now find myself a Seasoned Citizen of Rushville who must rely on the Rushville Police Department to deter crime and p
- Letter to the Editor Indy cop no longer "exemplary" Dear Editor: In reporting on the recent court case involving an Indianapolis police officer, an Indianapolis television reporter just announced that "Officer Bisard had been an exemplary officer for years." I would offe
- Letters to the Editor Local library systems still living in the past Dear Editor: I commenced to read with interest and high hopes the P-1 story in the Friday, Nov. 22, edition of the Rushville Republican headed, "Library expansion proposal heard." It didn't take long for
- Letters to the Editor Who knows everything? Nobody, that's who! Dear Editor: All the foofaraw currently going on in much of the world about "spying" is really a full load of nonsense. You could fertilize your garden with it. All countries spy on each other - always have a
- Letter to the Editor Beware those heathen Catholics! Dear Editor, I continue to be amazed that hidebound Republicans continue to defend, even admire, the actions of Sarah Palin, who continues to demonstrate her slim grasp on reality and seeming lack of ordinary intellige
- Letters to the editor Thank you Dear Editor: The family of Dick Reed wishes to thank everyone for the prayers, cards and visits for him during his illness and after his death. Special thanks to Ann and Dick Moster for the care and concern they showed in
- Letter to the Editor A refreshing moment Dear Editor: I had occasion to compliment a young waitress one day last week. She refilled my coffee cup and when I said, "Thank you," she actually replied "You're welcome." How nice to hear
- Rich Traditions Rich Traditions Rich Traditions Dear Editor: Thanksgiving is a time for so many to have great family, church, and community traditions, all rich in their own way, as well as provide many fond memories. That's the badge that Rushville holds for th
- Letter to the editor The value of what you are selling Dear Editor, Herschel used to be a mailman in Hagerstown, and he was also a painter on the side. About 40 years ago he approached me with his arm in a sling, and told me he had a ladder I could hav
- Discovery about diplomacy Children of the Republic are you awake? We are few in number and dwindling; our children will not even know that we were founded as a republic not a democratic nation soon although; I fear that this is the case already. I have so many times thought
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines