The Morrell family would like to thank all the people who sent cards, flowers, and donations in memory of our mother, Elizabeth Morrell, who recently passed away. She was 93 years old and lived a full and rich life. She was a pillar of support for her late husband George H. Morrell, my brother and I, as well as our wives and children. We will truly miss her, but it was her time and none of us will live forever.
While only a member of St. Paul’s Methodist Church for six months or so, the love and support the members of that church gave my mother was unbelievable.
My mother just loved you, Jan, and you helped so much to ease her mental discomfort in the last several weeks. Mom was failing mentally and physically despite successful surgeries. She knew her memory was failing and would often ask me what was wrong with her head. You did make a difference.
Special thanks to Lori Hill, who gave me invaluable advice and assistance on that fateful night when my mother broke her leg. Not enough can be said for the nurses and staff at Rush Memorial Hospital who went over and above what is required to keep someone comfortable. Carrie Tressler and Janie Manning just made things happen and would work around those inconvenient “issues” that manage to come up when things don’t quite go as planned. Lastly, we would like to thank Bill Keaton for the legal, moral, and ethical advice he gave us in the management of mother’s care.
Douglas Morrell, M.D.
- Letters to the Editor
- Letter to Editor Thanks to RMHDear Editor,Several weeks ago I suffered the symptoms of a stroke while traveling. I called my family doctor’s office, to be sure someone could see me upon my arrival. Immediately I was advised to go to the nearest hospital emergency roo
- Letter to the Editor Thank youDear Editor,I would like to thank the Mays-Raleigh Fire Dept., Rush Memorial Hospital and ambulance service, St. Vincent Rehab Unit for their excellent service. Also I want to thank Rev. Gries, my wife who stayed at my side for 18 long days
Letters to the Editor
Thank youDear Editor,The family of Earl Reynolds would like to express their sincere appreciation for all the prayers, cards, flowers, donations, food and assistance. We thank you for all your kindness to help us through the very difficult time of lo
- Letter to Editor No excuses for Milroy crashesDear Editor,With consternation and disbelief, I read of yet another crash at the intersection of SR 3 and SR 244 at the west edge of Milroy.There could not be a more clear, seemingly safe, intersection anywhere in the wor
- Letter to the Editor Thank youDear Editor,The Bacon family would like to thank friends and family who gave flowers, thoughts and prayers during the passing of Bille last month. Don Bacon and his family appreciate all that was done during a great time of need. Thank you s
- Letter to the Editor Thank youDear Editor, We want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who attended the annual Rush County Community Foundation Day at Stagg’s Dairy Treats and Restaurant on Sunday, May 4. Without the continued support of the Rush County community
- Letters to the editor Thank you Dear Editor, We at Flatrock River Lodge would like to thank everyone for making the 2014 Area 9 Senior Games a great success. A special thanks to Amanda Capps, activities director; Vicki Williams, dietary manager; our staff; volunteers; May
- Letters to the editor Thank you Dear Editor, We would like to thank everyone for all their help and kindness during my husband and our father's illness and death. Especially, Flatrock River Lodge, Decatur County Hospice, the Arlington Church, Mosters and Darrell Cooper of
- Letter to the Editor Greetings and salutations Dear Editor, Throughout history, there have been many accepted and commonly used ways of referring to the two genders as a pair or group. Herewith are just a sampling of them, to-wit: • Men and Women--always safe, but rather
- Letter to the editor Dear Editor: The board, staff, and fundraising committee of the Rushville Public Library wish to thank the many wonderful people who helped make our recent fund-raising event, "Love Your Library Rendezvous", a great success. More than 35 individuals,
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines