The Morrell family would like to thank all the people who sent cards, flowers, and donations in memory of our mother, Elizabeth Morrell, who recently passed away. She was 93 years old and lived a full and rich life. She was a pillar of support for her late husband George H. Morrell, my brother and I, as well as our wives and children. We will truly miss her, but it was her time and none of us will live forever.
While only a member of St. Paul’s Methodist Church for six months or so, the love and support the members of that church gave my mother was unbelievable.
My mother just loved you, Jan, and you helped so much to ease her mental discomfort in the last several weeks. Mom was failing mentally and physically despite successful surgeries. She knew her memory was failing and would often ask me what was wrong with her head. You did make a difference.
Special thanks to Lori Hill, who gave me invaluable advice and assistance on that fateful night when my mother broke her leg. Not enough can be said for the nurses and staff at Rush Memorial Hospital who went over and above what is required to keep someone comfortable. Carrie Tressler and Janie Manning just made things happen and would work around those inconvenient “issues” that manage to come up when things don’t quite go as planned. Lastly, we would like to thank Bill Keaton for the legal, moral, and ethical advice he gave us in the management of mother’s care.
Douglas Morrell, M.D.
- Letters to the Editor
- Letter to the Editor Greetings and salutations Dear Editor, Throughout history, there have been many accepted and commonly used ways of referring to the two genders as a pair or group. Herewith are just a sampling of them, to-wit: • Men and Women--always safe, but rather
- Letter to the editor Dear Editor: The board, staff, and fundraising committee of the Rushville Public Library wish to thank the many wonderful people who helped make our recent fund-raising event, "Love Your Library Rendezvous", a great success. More than 35 individuals,
- Letters to the Editor Thanks to volunteer fire departments Dear Editor, We would like to take this opportunity to give a very special thank you to the Anderson Twp. Volunteer Fire Department and first responders, Clarksburg Volunteer Fire Dept. and Rushville Twp. Voluntee
- Letter to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor, I want to express my appreciation to all who cared for me at Rush Memorial Hospital and Miller's Merry Manor during my recent accident and recovery. A special thanks to the therapy department at Miller's for their patience and
- Letter to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor, I would like to thank Monte Sitton and all others for a great job cleaning the streets of Manilla. I think Rush County and the state did a great job for what they had to deal with. Thanks again. Vicki Weitzel Manilla Letter to
- Letters to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor, We want to thank all who came to our 50th wedding anniversary and made it a perfect success. Love you all, Bill & Kay Beadle Thank you Dear Editor, R.U.S.H., Rushville United Santa Helpers, formally Toys for Tots, would like to
- Letter to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor, I wish to thank each one of you for your phone calls, visits, cards and gifts in honor of my Aunt Dorothy Crawley's 100th birthday. Each one of you brought great joy and happiness to her on her very special day. Following is he
- Letters to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor: From the family of Anna Laker, we would like to thank all our friends for the kind words, to Father Jeremy Gries for his fine services and kind words and a special thank you to Jim Todd for his leadership in our time of loss. A
- Letter to the Editor Dear Editor, The family of Pat Osting thank the Glenwood Fire Department EMT's and Rush Memorial Hospital Ambulance crews, the emergency room staff and Father Jeremy Gries for the mass and being there in her time of need. We thank Jim Todd for his le
- Thank you from the library staff Dear Editor, As we turn the page from 2013 to 2014, the trustees and staff of the Rushville Public Library wish to extend our appreciation to all who supported the library this past year in one fashion or another. Most prominent is the City of Rushvi
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines