On behalf of the Rushville Public Library, the board of trustees extends its thanks to all who supported our recent kickoff of the capital campaign, “It’s Overdue, Renew.”
Our weekend celebration was a huge success with both Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon bringing in-kind and monetary support from the community! The contributions of Tony Abrams, Kroger, Julie Newhouse and the Elks were most appreciated, and the music of harpist Carolyn Cleland added a touch of elegance to our evening event.
We especially thank the architectural support team from Odle, McGuire and Shook who graciously made the trip to Rushville from Indianapolis to provide a verbal and visual summary of their vision for our library.
On Sunday, Jordan Page entertained guests with his vocals and guitar, occasionally accompanied by the younger Pages.
Gifts from American Wildwood Gift Shoppe & Gallery, Vogel’s Florist, and Rushville Florist filled the door prize gift bags.
We also are grateful for the publicity provided by the Rushville Republican and WIFE-FM radio.
This project holds such potential for both Rushville and the entire Rush County community as a center of learning, recreation, exploration, fun and social gathering. The staff, board and fundraising committee want everyone to know that the gifts you give (already over $32,000) will help to build a state-of-the-art facility and a cultural epicenter for our county, setting a great example for what a committed and united community can accomplish.
Thank you so much for your support!
Rushville Public Library
Board of Trustees
- Letters to the Editor
- Letter to the Editor Indy cop no longer "exemplary" Dear Editor: In reporting on the recent court case involving an Indianapolis police officer, an Indianapolis television reporter just announced that "Officer Bisard had been an exemplary officer for years." I would offe
- Letters to the Editor Local library systems still living in the past Dear Editor: I commenced to read with interest and high hopes the P-1 story in the Friday, Nov. 22, edition of the Rushville Republican headed, "Library expansion proposal heard." It didn't take long for
- Letters to the Editor Who knows everything? Nobody, that's who! Dear Editor: All the foofaraw currently going on in much of the world about "spying" is really a full load of nonsense. You could fertilize your garden with it. All countries spy on each other - always have a
- Letter to the Editor Beware those heathen Catholics! Dear Editor, I continue to be amazed that hidebound Republicans continue to defend, even admire, the actions of Sarah Palin, who continues to demonstrate her slim grasp on reality and seeming lack of ordinary intellige
- Letters to the editor Thank you Dear Editor: The family of Dick Reed wishes to thank everyone for the prayers, cards and visits for him during his illness and after his death. Special thanks to Ann and Dick Moster for the care and concern they showed in
- Letter to the Editor A refreshing moment Dear Editor: I had occasion to compliment a young waitress one day last week. She refilled my coffee cup and when I said, "Thank you," she actually replied "You're welcome." How nice to hear
- Rich Traditions Rich Traditions Rich Traditions Dear Editor: Thanksgiving is a time for so many to have great family, church, and community traditions, all rich in their own way, as well as provide many fond memories. That's the badge that Rushville holds for th
- Letter to the editor The value of what you are selling Dear Editor, Herschel used to be a mailman in Hagerstown, and he was also a painter on the side. About 40 years ago he approached me with his arm in a sling, and told me he had a ladder I could hav
- Discovery about diplomacy Children of the Republic are you awake? We are few in number and dwindling; our children will not even know that we were founded as a republic not a democratic nation soon although; I fear that this is the case already. I have so many times thought
- Affordable Care Act a giant boondoggle Affordable Care Act a giant boondoggle Dear Editor: Well, here it is Day Two of The Affordable Care Act and already I have changed from being for it to being against it! Why the sudden flip-flop, you ask? Since Marilyn and I both
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines