We want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who attended the annual Rush County Community Foundation Day at Stagg’s Dairy Treats and Restaurant on Sunday, May 4. Without the continued support of the Rush County community and our supporters who live outside the county, we would not be in our 23rd year of meeting the philanthropic needs of Rush County.
We want to say a special thank you to Carol Stagg and Marsha Haley for once again holding this annual fundraiser which supports the entire operation of the Foundation. We would also like to thank the Stagg’s staff for their help and cooperation in assisting with this event. We also want to thank them for the fundraisers they hold each year which provide support to the following scholarship funds:
• Michael J. Keith Memorial Scholarship which is held in March of each year
• Kyle Henderson Memorial Scholarship which is held in April of each year
• Holli Spaeth Memorial Scholarship which is held on June 16th each year
• Ashley Spurlin Memorial Scholarship which is going to be held on July 6, 2014
• Danny E. and Barbara J. Gettinger Scholarship which is going to be held on July 13, 2014
• Lora Brook Hatfield Memorial Scholarship which is going to be held on July 20, 2014
Through their generosity, a total of over $40,000 has been generated for their annual support days for our scholarships and operations.
Also, we want to thank our board and committee members who worked the event by greeting customers, cleaning tables and trays, sweeping the floors, and emptying the trash containers as needed.
Once again, THANK YOU Rush County! We look forward to seeing you again at next year’s event!!
From the staff of the Rush County Community Foundation,
Terry B. VanNatta