The Board of Directors of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Rush County would like to say a huge thank you to the Rush County community. Bowl For Kids’ Sake was held in April 2012 and BBBS was able to surpass our financial goals through this fundraiser. Bowl For Kids’ Sake constitutes half of the budget of BBBS!
The businesses in Rush County made our event possible by sponsoring t-shirts, bowling lanes, and donating door prizes. Our event sponsor for the 2012 “Bowl For Kids’ Sake” was Automotive Specialists, Inc. Bowl For Kids’ Sake would not have been as successful without WIFE FM and the Rushville Bowl, who have been faithful supporters and assisted in recruiting teams and sponsors.
This year, we had some terrific top prizes for those who raised the largest donations by the day of Bowl For Kids’ Sake. 1st prize was a $250.00 Visa gift card, awarded to Dennis Brown of the Elks team, who raised over $500.00; 2nd place: 4 Box Seats to the Cincinnati Reds went to Terri Brumfield who raised nearly $300.00. Dennis and Terri have been loyal bowlers and supporters of Big Brothers Big Sisters for many years and we are grateful for their dedication.
2012 is a year that we are excited to see growth in our programs. In October, we will be resuming our Lunch Buddy program at Milroy and RES West. The need for volunteers grows on a daily basis. Lunch Buddy’s is a fun and easy way to give back to the children in our community. It’s easy to be a friend and you can have a positive effect on a child’s life forever. Please visit our website, www.bbbsrushcounty.com to learn more about Lunch Buddy’s and to fill out an application to volunteer.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Rush County is a Rush County United Fund Agency and we are thankful for their continued support of our match project. The Rush County Community Foundation has enabled BBBS to host monthly outings for the children enrolled in our program.
What a terrific community to live in, where people genuinely care about aiding Big Brothers Big Sisters in supporting our vision of helping children reach their potential through professionally supported mentoring relationships.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Rush County
- Letters to the Editor
- Letter to the Editor Thank youDear Editor,I would like to thank the Mays-Raleigh Fire Dept., Rush Memorial Hospital and ambulance service, St. Vincent Rehab Unit for their excellent service. Also I want to thank Rev. Gries, my wife who stayed at my side for 18 long days
Letters to the Editor
Thank youDear Editor,The family of Earl Reynolds would like to express their sincere appreciation for all the prayers, cards, flowers, donations, food and assistance. We thank you for all your kindness to help us through the very difficult time of lo
- Letter to Editor No excuses for Milroy crashesDear Editor,With consternation and disbelief, I read of yet another crash at the intersection of SR 3 and SR 244 at the west edge of Milroy.There could not be a more clear, seemingly safe, intersection anywhere in the wor
- Letter to the Editor Thank youDear Editor,The Bacon family would like to thank friends and family who gave flowers, thoughts and prayers during the passing of Bille last month. Don Bacon and his family appreciate all that was done during a great time of need. Thank you s
- Letter to the Editor Thank youDear Editor, We want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who attended the annual Rush County Community Foundation Day at Stagg’s Dairy Treats and Restaurant on Sunday, May 4. Without the continued support of the Rush County community
- Letters to the editor Thank you Dear Editor, We at Flatrock River Lodge would like to thank everyone for making the 2014 Area 9 Senior Games a great success. A special thanks to Amanda Capps, activities director; Vicki Williams, dietary manager; our staff; volunteers; May
- Letters to the editor Thank you Dear Editor, We would like to thank everyone for all their help and kindness during my husband and our father's illness and death. Especially, Flatrock River Lodge, Decatur County Hospice, the Arlington Church, Mosters and Darrell Cooper of
- Letter to the Editor Greetings and salutations Dear Editor, Throughout history, there have been many accepted and commonly used ways of referring to the two genders as a pair or group. Herewith are just a sampling of them, to-wit: • Men and Women--always safe, but rather
- Letter to the editor Dear Editor: The board, staff, and fundraising committee of the Rushville Public Library wish to thank the many wonderful people who helped make our recent fund-raising event, "Love Your Library Rendezvous", a great success. More than 35 individuals,
- Letters to the Editor Thanks to volunteer fire departments Dear Editor, We would like to take this opportunity to give a very special thank you to the Anderson Twp. Volunteer Fire Department and first responders, Clarksburg Volunteer Fire Dept. and Rushville Twp. Voluntee
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines