The Board of Directors of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Rush County would like to say a huge thank you to the Rush County community. Bowl For Kids’ Sake was held in April 2012 and BBBS was able to surpass our financial goals through this fundraiser. Bowl For Kids’ Sake constitutes half of the budget of BBBS!
The businesses in Rush County made our event possible by sponsoring t-shirts, bowling lanes, and donating door prizes. Our event sponsor for the 2012 “Bowl For Kids’ Sake” was Automotive Specialists, Inc. Bowl For Kids’ Sake would not have been as successful without WIFE FM and the Rushville Bowl, who have been faithful supporters and assisted in recruiting teams and sponsors.
This year, we had some terrific top prizes for those who raised the largest donations by the day of Bowl For Kids’ Sake. 1st prize was a $250.00 Visa gift card, awarded to Dennis Brown of the Elks team, who raised over $500.00; 2nd place: 4 Box Seats to the Cincinnati Reds went to Terri Brumfield who raised nearly $300.00. Dennis and Terri have been loyal bowlers and supporters of Big Brothers Big Sisters for many years and we are grateful for their dedication.
2012 is a year that we are excited to see growth in our programs. In October, we will be resuming our Lunch Buddy program at Milroy and RES West. The need for volunteers grows on a daily basis. Lunch Buddy’s is a fun and easy way to give back to the children in our community. It’s easy to be a friend and you can have a positive effect on a child’s life forever. Please visit our website, www.bbbsrushcounty.com to learn more about Lunch Buddy’s and to fill out an application to volunteer.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Rush County is a Rush County United Fund Agency and we are thankful for their continued support of our match project. The Rush County Community Foundation has enabled BBBS to host monthly outings for the children enrolled in our program.
What a terrific community to live in, where people genuinely care about aiding Big Brothers Big Sisters in supporting our vision of helping children reach their potential through professionally supported mentoring relationships.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Rush County
- Letters to the Editor
- Letter to the Editor Greetings and salutations Dear Editor, Throughout history, there have been many accepted and commonly used ways of referring to the two genders as a pair or group. Herewith are just a sampling of them, to-wit: • Men and Women--always safe, but rather
- Letter to the editor Dear Editor: The board, staff, and fundraising committee of the Rushville Public Library wish to thank the many wonderful people who helped make our recent fund-raising event, "Love Your Library Rendezvous", a great success. More than 35 individuals,
- Letters to the Editor Thanks to volunteer fire departments Dear Editor, We would like to take this opportunity to give a very special thank you to the Anderson Twp. Volunteer Fire Department and first responders, Clarksburg Volunteer Fire Dept. and Rushville Twp. Voluntee
- Letter to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor, I want to express my appreciation to all who cared for me at Rush Memorial Hospital and Miller's Merry Manor during my recent accident and recovery. A special thanks to the therapy department at Miller's for their patience and
- Letter to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor, I would like to thank Monte Sitton and all others for a great job cleaning the streets of Manilla. I think Rush County and the state did a great job for what they had to deal with. Thanks again. Vicki Weitzel Manilla Letter to
- Letters to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor, We want to thank all who came to our 50th wedding anniversary and made it a perfect success. Love you all, Bill & Kay Beadle Thank you Dear Editor, R.U.S.H., Rushville United Santa Helpers, formally Toys for Tots, would like to
- Letter to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor, I wish to thank each one of you for your phone calls, visits, cards and gifts in honor of my Aunt Dorothy Crawley's 100th birthday. Each one of you brought great joy and happiness to her on her very special day. Following is he
- Letters to the Editor Thank you Dear Editor: From the family of Anna Laker, we would like to thank all our friends for the kind words, to Father Jeremy Gries for his fine services and kind words and a special thank you to Jim Todd for his leadership in our time of loss. A
- Letter to the Editor Dear Editor, The family of Pat Osting thank the Glenwood Fire Department EMT's and Rush Memorial Hospital Ambulance crews, the emergency room staff and Father Jeremy Gries for the mass and being there in her time of need. We thank Jim Todd for his le
- Thank you from the library staff Dear Editor, As we turn the page from 2013 to 2014, the trustees and staff of the Rushville Public Library wish to extend our appreciation to all who supported the library this past year in one fashion or another. Most prominent is the City of Rushvi
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines