Photo by Dan Green
The cast for this spring’s RCHS stage production of the smash hit “Anything Goes” is preparing for their much anticipated spring musical. Anything Goes takes place aboard the SS American, a cruise ship sailing from the United States to England in the 1930s. With music and lyrics by the legendary Cole Porter, audiences will recognize classic favorites such as “You’re the Top,” “I Get a Kick Out of You,” and the title song “Anything Goes.” Show dates are April 11, 12, 13 and 14. Evening shows begin at 7:30 p.m. and the Sunday matinée begins at 2 p.m. Tickets are $7 for reserved seating and are now on sale. Call the high school drama department to reserve your seats. To reserve tickets or for more information call 765-932-3901 ext. 258 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. This production is under the experienced direction of Jennie Tague.
Photo by Dan Green
- WARMfest unveils full music lineup for 4-day festival INDIANAPOLIS – The full lineup for WARMfest 2014 is now available, including performances on Friday, Aug. 29 from Zero Boys, Steady Flow, Heather Michelle Chapman, Coolidge, Bashiri Asad and the North Central Orchestra complementing a wide range of w
- Book Review: 'Travels with Casey' by Benoit Denizet-Lewis You are your dog’s only pack. And the pack is happy.A trip to the corner store started it all: you said “Go for a ride?” and he nearly exploded. That’s his favorite thing, which makes it your favorite thing and right then, you weren’t sure which move
Movie preview: “The Expendables 3”
Plot: Commander Barney augments his team with new blood as this latest mission becomes a clash of classic old-school style versus high-tech expertise in the Expendables’ most personal battle yet.
Movie preview: “The Giver”
Plot: In a seemingly perfect future community, without war, pain, suffering, differences or choice, a young man discovers the sinister secrets that hold his fragile society together after being selected to join the Giver.
Movie preview: “Let’s Be Cops”
Plot: Two struggling pals dress as police officers for a costume party and become neighborhood sensations. But when these newly-minted “heroes” get tangled in a real life web of mobsters and dirty detectives, they must put their fake badges on the line.
- Indy Jazz Fest announces 2014 lineup INDIANAPOLIS – Indy Jazz Fest returns in 2014 with a 10-day lineup in venues “All Around Town” Sept. 11-20, featuring special headliner and Indianapolis native Josh Kaufman, recent winner of NBC’s hit show The Voice. The announcement marks the start
- Beef & Boards Dinner Theatre brings Oklahoma! to Indianapolis INDIANAPOLIS – An enduring all-American musical brings many fresh faces to Beef & Boards Dinner Theatre this August as it presents Oklahoma!, the very first collaboration of Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II. This high-spirited rivalry between
- Book review: 'First Day at Zoo School' This year, you’ll be just like the big kids. Yep, this year, you’re going to school. You’ll have a brand-new backpack filled with paper and crayons. You’ll have a desk where you’ll sit and raise your hand when you want to talk. You might even get to
Movie preview: “Into The Storm”
Plot: Storm trackers, thrill-seeking, and everyday townspeople document an unprecedented onslaught of tornadoes touching down as they ravage a town during one single, fateful day.
Movie preview: “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles”
Plot: From their home in the storm sewers of Manhattan, four ninja-trained turtles, Leonardo, Raphael, Michelangelo and Donatello — along with their sensei, Master Splinter — battle evil in the form of Shredder and his evil Foot Clan.
- More Entertainment Headlines