SHELBYVILLE - Experience a living-history village dated 1822-1865 with costumed participants demonstrating the skills and crafts needed to survive the early settlement of Shelby County. The Blue River Valley Pioneer Fair, Sept. 21 and 22, offers food, fun, cake walk, magic show, music, quilting, spinning, weaving, blacksmithing, pottery throwing, petting zoo, general store, silent auction. The Blue River Longrifles, the Territorial Mounted Rangers, the 18th Indiana Light Artillary and tipis will be in the camp all weekend. The Miami Nation of Peru will make an appearance. Carl Bentley and the Eagle Creek Band will perform blue grass music at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday. Go to www.grovermuseum.org/events-and-programs/pioneer-fair for a complete listing of dates and times. $3 per person, children 6 and under Free. Parking Free. Handicapped accessible. Times are Saturday, Sept. 21 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday, Sept. 22 from noon - 4 p.m.
Movie preview: “Need For Speed”
Plot: Framed for a crime he didn’t commit, muscle car mechanic and street racer Tobey gets out of prison determined to settle the score with the man responsible for his false conviction while partaking in a cross-country drag race in this video game adaption.
Movie preview: “Veronica Mars”
Plot: Years after walking away from her past as a teenage private eye, Veronica Mars gets pulled back to her hometown — just in time for her high school reunion — in order to help her old flame, Logan Echolls, who’s embroiled in a murder mystery.
Movie preview: “Tyler Perry’s Single Mom’s Club”
Plot: Brought together by an incident at their children’s school, a group of single mothers from different walks of life bond and create a support group that helps them find comedy in the obstacles of life.
- Drive-By Truckers with Blitzen Trapper at The Vogue INDIANAPOLIS - The Vogue in Broad Ripple welcomes Drive-By Truckers at 8 p.m. on Tuesday, March 2 (doors open at 7 p.m.) as part of the Sun King Concert Series with special guests Blitzen Trapper. Tickets are $22-$25 and on sale now at the Vogue Box
- Sesame Street Live returns to Indy INDIANAPOLIS - Join the chorus for this toe tapping, finger snapping musical event. All you need is a song when Elmo, Abby Cadabby, Murray and all of your favorite Sesame Street friends bring the magic of music to life on stages big and small - and r
- The Ataris to play at The Voge INDIANAPOLIS - The Vogue in Broad Ripple welcomes The Ataris at 8 p.m. on Saturday, March 22 (doors open at 7 p.m.) as part of the Sun King Concert Series with special guests Authority Zero, Drag the River and Versus the World. Tickets are $18 and on
Movie preview: “300: Rise of An Empire”
Plot: Greek general Themistokles assembles his troops to fend off an invading Persian army led by mortal-turned-god Xerxes and the vindictive Persian navy commander Artemisia in this sequel to “300” based on the graphic novel by Frank Miller.
Movie preview: “Mr. Peabody And Sherman”
Plot: “The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show” time-travelers Mr. Peabody and his adopted human sidekick, Sherman, strike out on their own for a big-screen CGI adventure in this comical feature through the defining moments of world history.
- Book review: "Safe with Me" by Amy Hatvany You've had the best of times. You've seen the worst of times. The former seems like a tissue in a hurricane: here, then whisked away in a blink, as though it never occurred. The latter is something like a car stuck in a snowstorm: you just spin in pl
Movie preview: “Non-Stop”
Plot: U.S. Air Marshal Bill Marks receives a series of cryptic text messages demanding that he instruct the airline to transfer $150 million into an offshore account, or a passenger will die every 20 minutes.
- More Entertainment Headlines
- Movie preview: “Need For Speed”