SHELBYVILLE - Experience a living-history village dated 1822-1865 with costumed participants demonstrating the skills and crafts needed to survive the early settlement of Shelby County. The Blue River Valley Pioneer Fair, Sept. 21 and 22, offers food, fun, cake walk, magic show, music, quilting, spinning, weaving, blacksmithing, pottery throwing, petting zoo, general store, silent auction. The Blue River Longrifles, the Territorial Mounted Rangers, the 18th Indiana Light Artillary and tipis will be in the camp all weekend. The Miami Nation of Peru will make an appearance. Carl Bentley and the Eagle Creek Band will perform blue grass music at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday. Go to www.grovermuseum.org/events-and-programs/pioneer-fair for a complete listing of dates and times. $3 per person, children 6 and under Free. Parking Free. Handicapped accessible. Times are Saturday, Sept. 21 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday, Sept. 22 from noon - 4 p.m.
Movie preview: “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug”
Plot: Thorin Oakenshield, his mighty band of dwarves, Bilbo Baggins, and wise wizard Gandalf embark on a crusade to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor from the vicious dragon Smaug.
Movie preview: “Tyler Perry’s A Madea Christmas”
Plot: Madea gets coaxed into helping a friend pay her daughter a surprise visit in the country for Christmas, but the biggest surprise is what they’ll find when they arrive.
- Limited run of a seasonal favorite: A Christmas Carol INDIANAPOLIS - In time for the holidays and on select dates only, Beef & Boards Dinner Theatre presents its special one-hour production of the classic Charles Dickens tale, A Christmas Carol. This timeless story is enhanced with music and live on sta
Movie preview: “Out of the Furnace”
A Rust Belt ex-con must choose between escaping a life of poverty and rescuing his brother from a life of crime in this drama from “Crazy Heart” writer/director Scott Cooper.
- A holiday spectacular at Beef & Boards If you or your family is having a difficult time getting into the Christmas spirit, Beef & Boards has just the solution for you - the production of "A Beef & Boards Christmas." As Beef & Boards wraps up its 40th anniversary season, a new quartet ente
2013 RCHS Lip Sync a fun-filled night
The Rushville Consolidated High School 2013 Lip Sync competition brought out the crowds Tuesday evening to the Laughlin Center for the Performing Arts. Taking home the title for first place were juniors L.J. Conrad, Jordan Fritz and Perry Boles with their unique and hilarious version of the song, "What Does the Fox Say." Enjoy a video of their performance.
- A sparkling holiday tradition live on stage INDIANAPOLIS - Beef & Boards Dinner Theatre's annual production, A Beef & Boards Christmas, will have a fresh feel this season as an all-new quartet several fresh arrangements in a glittering celebration of the season on stage Nov. 29 through Dec. 23
Movie preview: “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire”
Plot: “The Hunger Games” saga continues in this sequel that finds a revolution brewing as Katniss and Peeta take a victor’s tour of the districts, and President Snow plots their downfall during preparations for the 75th annual games.
Movie preview: “Delivery Man”
Plot: An immature middle-age slacker discovers he has fathered over 530 children throughout the years through sperm donations.
- Join RCP: Support the performing arts in Rush County Rush County Players annual membership drive is underway with several events and performances coming up. RCP's annual 'kids only' show, Christmas in the Land of Oz, takes the stage at 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 6, and Saturday, Dec. 7 and at 2 p.m. Sunday, D
- More Entertainment Headlines
- Movie preview: “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug”