What To Do With The Kids® is not only the website that parents go to when they want to know what to do with their kids but also a popular place to visit when planning your Halloween festivities. The fun can be found at www.whattodowiththekids.com.
Our Halloween collection includes tips on how to create a haunted house, throw a spooktacular Halloween party featuring party invitations and Halloween crafts to entertain the kids. The kids can have their faces painted easily with a simple yet creative design and your jack-o-lantern will be the envy of the neighborhood when using one of our unique pumpkin stencils.
We have also developed two separate trick or treat tip sheets for parents taking their kids out and for the homeowners who hand out the goodies.
Here are a few tips that will hopefully prepare parents for make the evening fun for everyone.
1. Encourage the kids to use facial make up instead of a mask.
2. Spend the extra dollar and purchase quality make-up. You don’t want your kid to have that same look weeks later.
3. If possible, design the costume to accommodate a sweater or even a jacket underneath depending on the weather.
4. Make sure that all costumes and accessories are flame resistant.
5. Keep in mind how much walking they’ll be doing for their age. You don’t want to have to carry your little ghoul home.
6. Carry extra bags to dump candy in so the kids don’t get overly tired.
7. If you have more than one kid to supervise, try bringing a wagon or cart to unload the candy in as they go door to door.
8. If you’re taking other kids with you, set out the rules before you leave and make sure they understand.
9. Instruct the kids to stay with you and off the lawns and out of the gardens.