25th Annual Christmas Bazaar
The 25th Annual Christmas Bazaar will be held from 5 to 9:30 p.m. Dec. 5 at the Rush County Senior Citizens Services, 504 W. Third Street. The Christmas Bazaar is held in conjunction with the Christmas Candlelight Tour of Homes. Come and enjoy craft booths, refreshments, door prizes and more. Open to the public. Reservations for booth space available. Call by Nov. 29 to reserve. For more information call 932-2935.
Dance for elementary school age
Dance for elementary school age children, 6 to 8 p.m., Dec. 7 at the Boys & Girls Club of Rush County. $3 per person. DJ. Kevin Green. Proceeds benefit the Boys & Girls Club.
Rushville Public Library will offer a free Holiday Show for all ages at 1:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 8 at the 201 Building in downtown Rushville. Everyone is urged to come an hour earlier for free refreshments and a Christmas craft! Professional comedian and magician Don Miller will present stories, magic and comedy. The program will last about 45 minutes. For more info call the RPL at 932-3496 or stop by the library.
Madrigal Singers and RCP
The Knightstown Diner is proud to announce the RCHS Madrigal Singers will be performing at 7 p.m. Dec. 13. Reservations are now bring taken for the performance. Part of the proceeds will be donated back to the RCHS Music Department. Dinner will be served prior to the performance.
The Rush County Players will be singing and performing from 6 to 9 p.m. Dec. 8 at the Knightstown Diner Dec. 8.
Rush County Players
“Miracle on 34th Street”
Rush County Players presents “Miracle on 34th Street” at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 14 and 15 and at 2:30 p.m. Dec. 16 at St. Mary’s School, 226 E. Fifth St., Rushville. Tickets are currently available through the cast or the board of directors. You may call Rush County Players at 765-938-1711 to reserve yours!
RCHS Choral Department
Mark your calendars now and don’t miss these exciting and entertaining performances.
Dec. 6 to 9: Madrigal Dinners. Tickets are now on sale and can be purchased through any RCHS Madrigal member or by contacting Mr. Grizzard at 932-3901 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Tickets are $15 each and include a meal and an evening’s entertainment by the Madrigal Singers as well as the Connersville Brass Quintet. The Madrigal Dinners are catered by Dave Buening and take place at the Rush County Courthouse on four consecutive nights: Thursday, Dec. 6 at 6:30 p.m. (grilled chicken); Friday, Dec. 7 at 6:30 p.m. (pork loin), Saturday, Dec. 8 at 6:30 p.m. (roast beef), and Sunday, Dec. 9 at 12:30 p.m. (fried chicken). Don’t miss this long-standing Rush Country tradition!
7:30 p.m. Dec. 12: Winter Concert (all choirs). This concert is free and open to the public.
RCHS Band Christmas Concert is free and open to the public at 7 p.m. Dec. 10 at the Laughlin Center for the Performing Arts.
Children are invited to come to Santa’s House in Willkie Park in the 200 block of North Main Street, Rushville. Santa’s House hours are Dec. 7, 5 to 7 p.m.; Dec. 8, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.; Dec. 9, 3 to 4 p.m.; Dec. 15, Noon to 1 p.m.; Dec. 16, 3 to 4 p.m.; Dec. 22, Noon to 2 p.m.
25th Annual Christmas Bazaar
Movie preview: “Need For Speed”
Plot: Framed for a crime he didn’t commit, muscle car mechanic and street racer Tobey gets out of prison determined to settle the score with the man responsible for his false conviction while partaking in a cross-country drag race in this video game adaption.
Movie preview: “Veronica Mars”
Plot: Years after walking away from her past as a teenage private eye, Veronica Mars gets pulled back to her hometown — just in time for her high school reunion — in order to help her old flame, Logan Echolls, who’s embroiled in a murder mystery.
Movie preview: “Tyler Perry’s Single Mom’s Club”
Plot: Brought together by an incident at their children’s school, a group of single mothers from different walks of life bond and create a support group that helps them find comedy in the obstacles of life.
- Drive-By Truckers with Blitzen Trapper at The Vogue INDIANAPOLIS - The Vogue in Broad Ripple welcomes Drive-By Truckers at 8 p.m. on Tuesday, March 2 (doors open at 7 p.m.) as part of the Sun King Concert Series with special guests Blitzen Trapper. Tickets are $22-$25 and on sale now at the Vogue Box
- Sesame Street Live returns to Indy INDIANAPOLIS - Join the chorus for this toe tapping, finger snapping musical event. All you need is a song when Elmo, Abby Cadabby, Murray and all of your favorite Sesame Street friends bring the magic of music to life on stages big and small - and r
- The Ataris to play at The Voge INDIANAPOLIS - The Vogue in Broad Ripple welcomes The Ataris at 8 p.m. on Saturday, March 22 (doors open at 7 p.m.) as part of the Sun King Concert Series with special guests Authority Zero, Drag the River and Versus the World. Tickets are $18 and on
Movie preview: “300: Rise of An Empire”
Plot: Greek general Themistokles assembles his troops to fend off an invading Persian army led by mortal-turned-god Xerxes and the vindictive Persian navy commander Artemisia in this sequel to “300” based on the graphic novel by Frank Miller.
Movie preview: “Mr. Peabody And Sherman”
Plot: “The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show” time-travelers Mr. Peabody and his adopted human sidekick, Sherman, strike out on their own for a big-screen CGI adventure in this comical feature through the defining moments of world history.
- Book review: "Safe with Me" by Amy Hatvany You've had the best of times. You've seen the worst of times. The former seems like a tissue in a hurricane: here, then whisked away in a blink, as though it never occurred. The latter is something like a car stuck in a snowstorm: you just spin in pl
Movie preview: “Non-Stop”
Plot: U.S. Air Marshal Bill Marks receives a series of cryptic text messages demanding that he instruct the airline to transfer $150 million into an offshore account, or a passenger will die every 20 minutes.
- More Entertainment Headlines
- Movie preview: “Need For Speed”