- USDA extends acreage reporting deadline to Aug. 2 USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA) Administrator Juan Garcia announced an extension of the final crop acreage reporting date through Aug. 2, 2013. According to Indiana FSA State Executive Director Julia A. Wickard, "This is a welcome relief for
- FLOWERS OPEN FLOWERS DIVISION 1 – Arrangements Champion & Reserve Champion – Connie Freese Triskaidekaphobia – Lou Sstarkey, blue. Civil War Sesquicentennial – Connie Freese, blue. Celebrating the 50th Governor – Connie Freese, blue; Lou Starkey, red.
- Impact 2013 drought still lingers Last year's relentless drought and scorching temperatures may seem like a distant nightmare for Hoosiers who suffered through it, but the impact can still seen in places like the Indiana Statehouse lawn, where four of the five towering tuli
- Publication helps identify, repair tree damage WEST LAFAYETTE - Wave after wave of summer storms have battered trees in Indiana and other Midwest states. The extent of damage done to branches and trunks will determine whether the tree can heal on its own, a homeowner can make repairs th
- Some soybeans suffer herbicide injury; are likely to recover WEST LAFAYETTE - Recent heavy rainfall in parts of Indiana have created conditions ideal for herbicide injury from certain pre-emergence PPO inhibitors in soybean fields, two Purdue Extension weed scientists say. PPO inhibitors are a class
- In The Grow Q. My question is, can pine needles be used to mulch rhubarb? I've heard that rhubarb and walnut trees don't mix, but would pine needles hurt rhubarb? I'm afraid to let anyone put bark mulch around my rhubarb because the companies providing
Wells Fargo Bank assists with livestock pens
Bruce Everhart of Wells Fargo Bank is pleased to present a check for $7,000 to John Meyer of the Rush County Agricultural Association. These funds are used to help purchase new livestock pens for the Rush County Fair.
Farm Service Agency County Committee nomination period begun
Julia A. Wickard, state executive director of USDA’s Farm Service Agency (FSA) announced today that the nomination period for local FSA county committees began on Monday, June 17.
New events headed to the F.A.R.M. Show at the Ripley County Fairgrounds
The F.A.R.M. Club of Southeastern Indiana is busy putting the final touches on their annual show which is scheduled for June 28-30 at the Ripley County Fairgrounds.
Farmers should scout for black cutworms in emerging corn black cutworm
WEST LAFAYETTE - Farmers with emerging corn crops should be on the lookout for infestations of the black cutworm.
- More Agriculture Headlines